Home

Youth Growth and the May Update

This is a discussion on Youth Growth and the May Update within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #1
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Youth Growth and the May Update

So I just read on Reddit that the May update still exists for the CPU teams.

I guess if you sell your youth players they will grow up to 20 points (Including physical stats).

You just need enough money to buy them back.

On that note...I wish they'd fix this crap. It's a KEY feature to Career Mode. All I ask is that youth players aren't all the same and their physical stats actually grow correctly.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Youth Growth and the May Update

Yep, CPU youth players are broken as ****. I'm in the fourth year, and there are hundreds of youth players that are all under 19 and over 75. I changed jobs mid season, then checked my old team, all the youth players skyrocketed in May. They all went from mid 60's to mid 70's in one May update. Every team I have checked has three or four of these monster youth players min.

And the free agency pool is cluttered with hundreds up hundreds of youth players who are in the 50's and 60's. Its insane. And kind of ruins career mode. Because by the 6th or 7th year every team will have like 10 of these monsters playing and all the real players will be benched. I'm no longer going to use the youth academy myself.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Computer players need to grow at some point. Does it matter if it happens monthly or annually? After 3 years I haven't found hundreds of youth squad teenagers with skills in the mid 70's like you suggest. I'd say there are about the same amount of skilled young teenagers after 3 years as there are on the default roster, maybe fewer.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
Just started!

the same amount of skilled young teenagers after 3 years as there are on the default roster, maybe fewer.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:45 AM   #5
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

They gotta grow the CPU players somehow as the human teams have the new trainer I would expect CPU to find and grow their own top prospects just don't think it's like zoo oats say about players on every team are OP youth players dominating the game..

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah this is true. I had a youth player I swapped to another team grow I think to an 80 by the age of 17 or 18 it was pretty ridiculous.

I don't know why they can't just grow the CPU teams every month just like the team you are on. Doesn't seem to make much sense because like in January your team will have players growing while none of the CPU teams grow until May.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #7
Rookie

I'd like to see them grow monthly as well or even before every transfer window but think of how huge the roster is for the entire game. Its so much bigger than any other sports game available. Just look at PES to see how easy it is to screw up rosters. Is it realistic to expect that change. It seems like so many of the other issues in this game would be easier fixes that wouldn't cause simulations to slow down.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:13 AM   #8
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

Well I think I'd prefer a more realistic growth system over one that had a bunch of glitches or development glitch that happen every year at the same time. I do like having the trainer this year as you can train the player the way you want ( defensive, scorer, passer etc) . They just need find a way to not be able to train same player every week 5xs or same 5 x players for a whole year. I think a limit put on how many times a player can train a year might help curb the OP trainer.

Hopefully for the physical growth in the future it would just be randomly generated and maybe take into effect height/weight , potential and another random factor so if you say setup 5 different career modes and skip to 3 years in players will have randomly grown and not exact copies. Maybe have base potential that would give that player greater odds for more physical growth but say 1 in 5 career modes he could not grow as much as the other 4. If there was like reality always a chance for a star player to be a bust or other way around crappy players starting out have a small but still a chance to become good to great .

Don't like how u just go on Sofia or Ultrafifa each update and pretty much without any in game scouting or training know top players and the potential so there's no real life random factors besides a loan/transfer change teams potential glitch to happen and reduce or increase potential by a small amount that you could just loan glitch back out or also use trainer on player to recover potential. In closing I do wonder if it's us who kill some of the realism/variety by using sofifa/Ultrafifa sites, exploit the loan glitch by purposely reloading or loaning out a player if they came back with a different potential message? Would career mode feel more random if we didn't abuse said trainer and say house rule it to say train the whole team even crappy young or really old retiring players, not training one player more than once a couple months or times a week when it's their turn? Or also not reload if we get a bad scouting report or when using youth from academy to try to get the higher potential end of range.

Are we to blame????

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »