Home

FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 07:59 AM   #65
Rookie

Tonyafc23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Inclu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
First impressions of patch #5

- Passing seems crisper and more responsive. I dont feel like I need to use driven passes as often.

- Much more player runs are being made, some not so intelligent but they are there.

- Less CPU pressing

- A few Generic faces have been updated to look a little more like the actual players
Sounds good any players in particular? And i was really hoping for some dribbling improvement
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #66
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Inclu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
Actually the reason it doesn't get credit is because:
1) CPU passing is perfect
2) CPU crossing is hilariously broken for years now
3) Canned animations make the game feel like it's on rails and has certain "outcomes". The physics engine is dreadful compared to PES
4) All. CPU. Teams. Play. The. Same. Identical. Way. This has been the case for years and there's no end in sight, really.
5) All CPU players play the same. Zlatan wont use his size, Messi wont do skill moves, etc. It's boring.

So ya. There's that I guess.
I agree with this as well.

Why exactly does the CPU never do any of the skill moves the user can do?

More importantly, why does the CPU have all the little extremely effective micro dribbling moves that the user does not have access to?

The moves where they pull the ball back right as you are tackling and they lose ZERO momentum and just deftly whiz past your planted leg. The CPU can also do a really effective cruyff turn that I honestly think does not contain enough animation frames for what it should be. So they exploit expertly and rapidly tucking the ball behind their planted leg to change directions.

Also just checked on xbox one and no update yet.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #67
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I agree with this as well.

Why exactly does the CPU never do any of the skill moves the user can do?

More importantly, why does the CPU have all the little extremely effective micro dribbling moves that the user does not have access to?

The moves where they pull the ball back right as you are tackling and they lose ZERO momentum and just deftly whiz past your planted leg. The CPU can also do a really effective cruyff turn that I honestly think does not contain enough animation frames for what it should be. So they exploit expertly and rapidly tucking the ball behind their planted leg to change directions.

Also just checked on xbox one and no update yet.
It's been said before but I think it's important to reiterate: the AI in fifa is not yet at a level at which the cpu can compete with us without cheats and boosts. I mean really, the AI decision making often times is still really poor.

I play on legendary, without sliders, and if you removed the boosts and cheats the game wouldn't be challenging enough.

This isn't too say this all is implemented well ,it's not ,but until we get vastly improved AI, these are issues we have to expect.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #68
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I'm just gonna throw this out there, but you seem to spread a lot of hate, and spend a lot of time on this thread for a game that you seem to hate so much...
Awesome rebuttal. 10/10. Would read again. Brought up many good points and debunked my post with credible facts and statements.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #69
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Awesome rebuttal. 10/10. Would read again. Brought up many good points and debunked my post with credible facts and statements.

Nobody is trying to disprove anything.

You just spend a lot of time hating on this game. Sure it has its flaws. Sure it's HAD its flaws. Nobody makes you buy it, or come here and trash it.

Sorry you don't enjoy it, but there are those of us that do--despite its imperfections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 PM   #70
Trequartista

10's Arena

Quote:
Every thread is your career mode wish list and the same complaints. It gets old and literally nobody is arguing against anything you're saying. No point in slamming your head against the wall for the game's cycle or filling every update thread with the same post.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:07 AM   #71
Rookie

GaspipeGorgeous's Arena

It seems like I'm the only one thoroughly disappointed with this patch. Like it makes the game almost unplayable. I feel as Mourinho "Betrayed" (had to use that somehow) but honestly back to the game. The goalkeeper blocks amazing shots and one timers if u will but lets in easy, more direct straightaway shots. There is no consistency, I mean just since the new patch 3x with a step over, shot fake and then the shot and the goalkeeper blocks the shot but without those moves, a basic direct shot he lets in. There is WAY MORE tiki tak passing for the computer, that really goes no where and it just feels a lot less fluid. I will say there is more line recognition which is a very good thing with supporting/attacking runs but I just feel after patch 4 with sliders down and everything it was just right and now to completely alter the game play, it's very disheartening.. Not to mention they made counter attacking almost impossible. And the passing that everyone is raving about is atrocious. It was bad before where a long pass would speed up towards the mid to end of it's flight and now it's EXTREMELY bad. Not to mention pass recognition is still off by a mile. I really wish I could figure out a way to do without this patch without losing everything.

Last edited by GaspipeGorgeous; 12-16-2015 at 01:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2015, 07:38 AM   #72
Rookie

pfgosher's Arena

I am a PC Origin user. Please can anyone help me to know how to check whether my game has been updated or not. I recently purchased the version around 28-29 december. And I checked file version of FIFA 16 it shows 1.0.0.0

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »