Home

Players not going for the ball!

This is a discussion on Players not going for the ball! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2015, 11:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Players not going for the ball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luballr41
I am getting beyond frustrated when players that are closest to the ball are running in the opposite direction. There will be a header or a pass that has been deflected and the player that is closest to the ball starts running the other way or if I make a pass perfect the player that's right next to the ball he doesn't touch it and let's it go right past him. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm going insane!
Yes. Drives me up the wall. Meanwhile, CPU players almost always come to the ball. My guys either run the other way or just stand still.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:43 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Hey guys try FT Control and FB Positioning at 0/0 for both User and CPU. This seemed to reduce the ADD by quite a bit. We tested it using a higher sprint (above 50) btw. THe nice thing is there are still bad touches.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:41 PM   #19
Just started!

Been a major issue as long as I can remember. It just depends who has the momentum - the cpu decides who is going to get the ball. Similar things happen when defending or attacking at corners...sometimes the controls just don't respond allowing a 4ft midget to out jump a 7 ft colossus. When it goes against you it's infuriating, when it's for you goals scored feel somewhat shallow and undeserved.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #20
Pro

I have to say this is the number one issue I have with the gameplay, bar none.

It's clear that, in some situations, the CPU has already decided in advance which player is going to try and gain possession. The other players then become "brain dead" so to speak and will just let the ball go by. For example if you direct a pass to your wing up the field, but it gets deflected, the ball might bounce towards your midfielder. However he sometimes won't try and collect it because the game still registers your wing as the one who is trying to get possession.

Oh yes and let's not forget rebounds on shots where everyone on your team should be making a missile for the ball, but instead they will occasionally let it roll past because the CPU has decided that a defender is the one going to gain possession.

Basically all such restrictions should be removed. Everyone on your team should have the capability to actively try and go for the ball at all times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »