Home

David DeGea

This is a discussion on David DeGea within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
David DeGea

Has anyone else noticed that ManU rarely plays DeGea in the game. I'm in year one of my bpl season and he's played just 1 match. Not sure what makes them not playing him. Unless it's because when the game released there was some contention and possible transfer.

I admit I didn't download any new roster sets because I like gaming the actual opening season rosters accurate.

Has his time on the pitch changed with the roster updates or has anyone else seen this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: David DeGea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflame21
Has anyone else noticed that ManU rarely plays DeGea in the game. I'm in year one of my bpl season and he's played just 1 match. Not sure what makes them not playing him. Unless it's because when the game released there was some contention and possible transfer.

I admit I didn't download any new roster sets because I like gaming the actual opening season rosters accurate.

Has his time on the pitch changed with the roster updates or has anyone else seen this?
He and several other big name keepers have low stamina, while their backups have high stamina. Couple this with the absurd way FIFA handles match ratings and this is what we get. If Spurs score a goal or two in the first match of the season against him, DeGea's rating will send him to the bench for the next match. If his backup does .1 better, well then it becomes HIS starting job for the year. It's terrible. I actually sim the first couple of matches to make sure all of the star keeper's ratings are high enough to keep their spots. Add this to the long list of things I wish EA would fix, but know they won't.
#WeAreND
Old 02-24-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
He and several other big name keepers have low stamina, while their backups have high stamina. Couple this with the absurd way FIFA handles match ratings and this is what we get. If Spurs score a goal or two in the first match of the season against him, DeGea's rating will send him to the bench for the next match. If his backup does .1 better, well then it becomes HIS starting job for the year. It's terrible. I actually sim the first couple of matches to make sure all of the star keeper's ratings are high enough to keep their spots. Add this to the long list of things I wish EA would fix, but know they won't.
Game killer problem, fix that **** EA
Old 02-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the insight. I never noticed how the keepers would work. But it makes sense as in my career. Manchester United is starting its 3rd team goal keeper. It's disappointing. Definitely needs to be fixed.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:54 AM   #5
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Ya, way to fix the game, lol. If everyone recalls, last year the backup keepers demanded too much playing time and they would end up playing too much, now it's this. Ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #6
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflame21
Thanks for the insight. I never noticed how the keepers would work. But it makes sense as in my career. Manchester United is starting its 3rd team goal keeper. It's disappointing. Definitely needs to be fixed.
Yeah, it really ruins the immersion factor when you play United and they have Johnstone in goal. At that point, realism just flies right out the window.
#WeAreND
Old 02-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #7
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Use two controllers with second as a guest sign in controlling MANU. Set MUTDs lineup. When the game begins set guest controller back to CPU control.. You still earn career points.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneman85
Use two controllers with second as a guest sign in controlling MANU. Set MUTDs lineup. When the game begins set guest controller back to CPU control.. You still earn career points.
Silly question - but does this mess up (or fix, actually) any of the weird cpu scripting / etc we get vs. the cpu? Or once you take that controller off is it back to regular AI stuff.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »