Home

FIFA 16 Title Update #6 Available For PC & Consoles - Details Included

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Title Update #6 Available For PC & Consoles - Details Included within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2016, 12:12 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #6 Available For PC & Consoles - Details Included

Yeah, I wouldn't go that far and say default is playable. It's still a run, end to end fest, and every pass and touch are perfectly timed. Sorry, no.

Regarding professional. Still so ridiculously easy. I can glide by players with all the time in the world, and they seem to be clueless on how to attack.

Variety in FIFA comes from formations, not from playstyle or tactics. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth. Try switching to a 3-5-2 formation and play against any team. You will see all sorts of variety and long balls. Then switch out back to a standard 4-4-2 and you will see the variety lessen.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:17 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcar87
Guys, this game must be played on professional difficulty, the variety of the cpu is the best you can get. By the way, on the latest patch, tactical defending really makes sense now and default sliders are actually playable. I'm having the best experience since the demo with this patch. I will upload a video with these settings showing the beauty EA made.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Here is the video. 1st half, Chelsea vs Crystal Palace. Default sliders, professional, tactical defending, and slow speed. Simply amazing. There is no burst, defenders are rock solid, and there are long balls and also fouls. I will try to upload another match later showing long ball galore from the same team, playing on normal speed, which provides the user with that premier league intensity everyone is used to. I am actually thinking now that custom tactics only works on professional difficulty, since world class and legendary overrides them to provide the user with a "different" challenge.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:06 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
I am actually thinking now that custom tactics only works on professional difficulty, since world class and legendary overrides them to provide the user with a "different" challenge.
I agree. The way EA creates difficulty (WC/Legendary levels) overrides standard (Professional) tactical diversity. I just add that default Professional level can be made better with sliders.

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2016, 03:34 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Here is the video. 1st half, Chelsea vs Crystal Palace. Default sliders, professional, tactical defending, and slow speed. Simply amazing. There is no burst, defenders are rock solid, and there are long balls and also fouls. I will try to upload another match later showing long ball galore from the same team, playing on normal speed, which provides the user with that premier league intensity everyone is used to. I am actually thinking now that custom tactics only works on professional difficulty, since world class and legendary overrides them to provide the user with a "different" challenge.

As much as I love the notion of no burst, rock solid defending, fouls and long balls - that video was painful for me to watch. It's an end to end fest from drilled passes. Crystal Palace were in Chelsea's defensive third with the blink of an eye (or blink of a pass)with no proper pressure. The lines evened like that are always going to do that. No matter what difficulty you play on. FIFA, and PES, have never understood the proper mentality of a defending player. They stay in front of the opposing receiver, they do not stand behind them and set up to face them constantly. Offensive players have their back facing goal just as much as any do, but FIFA and PES seem to think that they are always able to face goal at will. That's the problem with default. It's a side pass and move type of game.

The majority of long balls that I saw in the video and I've seen from my own test on professional (we tried to make it work in the OS community sliders) is simply from a formation. A gap that is left open, in which the CPU tries to exploit. The only other option is for pass speed, pass accuracy and combination of FT Control so they are forced to rid the ball quicker. This is why the long balls you see in my version of the community sliders come from the back line, in which they are being pressured - which then results in loose balls. Even then, it doesn't happen as often as I'd like - but it's nothing to do with tactics - only CPU's attempt to exploit. That's my opinion anyhow.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
As much as I love the notion of no burst, rock solid defending, fouls and long balls - that video was painful for me to watch. It's an end to end fest from drilled passes. Crystal Palace were in Chelsea's defensive third with the blink of an eye (or blink of a pass)with no proper pressure. The lines evened like that are always going to do that. No matter what difficulty you play on. FIFA, and PES, have never understood the proper mentality of a defending player. They stay in front of the opposing receiver, they do not stand behind them and set up to face them constantly. Offensive players have their back facing goal just as much as any do, but FIFA and PES seem to think that they are always able to face goal at will. That's the problem with default. It's a side pass and move type of game.

The majority of long balls that I saw in the video and I've seen from my own test on professional (we tried to make it work in the OS community sliders) is simply from a formation. A gap that is left open, in which the CPU tries to exploit. The only other option is for pass speed, pass accuracy and combination of FT Control so they are forced to rid the ball quicker. This is why the long balls you see in my version of the community sliders come from the back line, in which they are being pressured - which then results in loose balls. Even then, it doesn't happen as often as I'd like - but it's nothing to do with tactics - only CPU's attempt to exploit. That's my opinion anyhow.
Hi
Will probably not go that far and call it painful to look at. The match has a certain rhythm and it flows well. But agree the lack of overview and especially calm in the game's structure, but playing it looks fun though hardly realistic.

Quote:
FIFA, and PES, have never understood the proper mentality of a defending player. They stay in front of the opposing receiver, they do not stand behind them and set up to face them constantly. Offensive players have their back facing goal just as much as any do, but FIFA and PES seem to think that they are always able to face goal at will.
Agree fifa is dimensionless in defense game, let's hope EA improve in Fifa17?. My But is that in football you can defend in several ways, not necessarily in front of the offensive player albeit a possibility (they try to be in front). The center Defenders typically work with two types of strategies; zone and man marking . Zone Marking assume that each player covers a certain area (or zone) of the field, ie those that move into the area. Man Marking assume that each player must cover a certain player wherever he is located.

Quote:
The majority of long balls that I saw in the video and I've seen from my own test on professional (we tried to make it work in the OS community sliders) is simply from a formation. A gap that is left open, in which the CPU tries to exploit. The only other option is for pass speed, pass accuracy and combination of FT Control so they are forced to rid the ball quicker.
Not sure I understand what you mean ?. You mean you can not make long balls passes in fifa16 at the pro level ?. I think it can be eg. With unpredictable style of play, but of course formations and openings crucial for the success, but it applies at all levels, football is an error game.
Quote:
Regarding professional. Still so ridiculously easy. I can glide by players with all the time in the world, and they seem to be clueless on how to attack.
But I still disagree that the pro can not be (made) a challenge (the last patch oppose certainly not this claim). Where I am realistic is that it has a cost of one or more values. Os community sliders are excellent, pro should be a good alternative, but one should not expect the levels to be comparable. Cheers
Old 07-05-2016, 08:11 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
I agree. The way EA creates difficulty (WC/Legendary levels) overrides standard (Professional) tactical diversity. Ijust add that default Professional level can be made better with sliders.
Cheers!
could not agree more:just add that default Professional level can be made better with sliders.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:10 AM   #55
Rookie

Hi, guys,
Of course, how to play, it's absolutely personal prefefence. What difficulty level, what sliders, etc.I can wright here a lot, but I won't. But my opinion, that no one slider will change game for better. I've tried ALL sliders set here, but always come back to default.The game is made, like it's made, and only NEW game will change it :-))))
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2016, 01:53 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Another update just hit my FIFA16 btw. Is this the Chemistry FUT fix or whatever?

Will report back if "any" gameplay changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »