Home

Are there away goal rule for England domestic cups and Euro cups?

This is a discussion on Are there away goal rule for England domestic cups and Euro cups? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 02:34 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Are there away goal rule for England domestic cups and Euro cups?

Is there away goal rule for...
  1. Capital One Cup
  2. Johnstone's Paint Trophy
  3. FA Cup
  4. UEFA Champions League
  5. UEFA Europa League

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are there away goal rule for England domestic cups and Euro cups?

Let me try and answer this for you. I can't guarantee I'm 100% correct as I'm going off the top of my head.

1. Yes (semi-finals only), but in a confusing manner. Extra-time is played if the scores are level after two games, but the away goals rule comes into play if 120 minutes have passed and the scores are still level.

2. I don't believe so. In fact, in most of the rounds, extra time isn't even played. It goes straight to penalties instead.

3. No. The FA Cup is a singular knockout format, so there are no two-legged games.

4. Yes. Away goals count if the scores are still level at the end of the second game (after 90 minutes).

5. I believe this works the same way as the Champions League.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-18-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Thanks for your answers bro, thank you!

But for the Capital One Cup, I rmb there is penalty shoot out but I am totally sure on this because I try to put a young squad to compete there so I can save up the energy for bigger games later of the season...

Everything else you are correct, and on top of the FA cup, if the game is level then there is a repeat match and if that repeat match is still level then you need to go into extra time then penalty shoot out...I hope I am right

ANYONE CAN PROVIDE MORE COMMENTS???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser G.
Let me try and answer this for you. I can't guarantee I'm 100% correct as I'm going off the top of my head.

1. Yes (semi-finals only), but in a confusing manner. Extra-time is played if the scores are level after two games, but the away goals rule comes into play if 120 minutes have passed and the scores are still level.

2. I don't believe so. In fact, in most of the rounds, extra time isn't even played. It goes straight to penalties instead.

3. No. The FA Cup is a singular knockout format, so there are no two-legged games.

4. Yes. Away goals count if the scores are still level at the end of the second game (after 90 minutes).

5. I believe this works the same way as the Champions League.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes, penalty shootouts always follow extra time in every competition unless away goals come into effect.

You're totally right about the FA Cup. If the first game is level, it goes to a 'replay'. If it's still level after this, you go to extra time and penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »