Home

FIFA 17 The Journey (Story Mode) Trailer

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 The Journey (Story Mode) Trailer within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #49
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 The Journey (Story Mode) Trailer

Looks really cool, I'm definitely intrigued.

To those saying this will fail, you couldn't be more wrong. NBA 2K has been doing this for a few years and it's gone over very well and many people enjoy it, this is also the first year EA is doing something like this.

If it's not for you that's cool, but stop bashing it before you even play it or know more than just a 2 minute video. I'd rather see some constructive negative comments rather than "who asked for this? or this will fail" type stuff. The FIFA playing community isn't just limited to OS, I'm sure there is definitely a player base that asked for this or has been wanting something similar.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 06-13-2016, 12:36 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

FIFA 17 The Journey (Story Mode) Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Looks really cool, I'm definitely intrigued.

To those saying this will fail, you couldn't be more wrong. NBA 2K has been doing this for a few years and it's gone over very well and many people enjoy it, this is also the first year EA is doing something like this.

If it's not for you that's cool, but stop bashing it before you even play it or know more than just a 2 minute video. I'd rather see some constructive negative comments rather than "who asked for this? or this will fail" type stuff. The FIFA playing community isn't just limited to OS, I'm sure there is definitely a player base that asked for this or has been wanting something similar.

Or the just fix career mode stuff. Which they did...and your commentating in a thread talking about improved career mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #51
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by acles003
Ask the millions of people who get MLB The Show for the Road To The Show feature or NBA2K for the My Career mode.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
RttS is nothing like this. It is exatly like the Be a Pro mode already in the game. This is like the NBA 2k mode and the old Sony basketball game before it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #52
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Not my cup of tea, but I don't guess another mode hurts. It seems like they've still done lots to improve the action on the pitch, and most reviews on the new engine seem to be positive.

I guess time will tell, it sucks that the modes I care least about seem to be the most popular.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:33 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Or the just fix career mode stuff. Which they did...and your commentating in a thread talking about improved career mode.

The "fix career mode" comments are referring to the manager career mode, not the player career mode. And those comments are fair, because the manager career mode hasn't received significant improvements in years. I'm sure everyone knows this thread is about the player career mode, considering the contents of the thread title and OP.

That being said, there's still plenty of time for manager career mode improvements to be announced. Fingers crossed. And I'm sure I'll give this new game mode a shot, it clearly looks better than the usual player career.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #54
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
Exactly. Why not add online career mode etc. I mean they did it for Madden. Also did they not see how awful this story mode with a set player did when 2k did it this year? It was terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
People hated the character's name but pretty much liked the story mode.
Yeah, this. I hated the storyline, and I don't like the "Freq" nickname, but once you get into year 2 of the mode, it's great.

This seems like it'll be a cool mode, and I'm glad people are going to enjoy it, but I'm not a fan of being locked into a character's appearance and name. At least a player had the ability to tailor Freq's appearance, name and game to their own in 2k.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #55
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

As long as there are gameplay improvements, I could care less about Manager Mode. It's never going to be a detailed, in depth mode ever with this franchise. That's what Football Manager is for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #56
Rookie

this mode could be cool with some depth....and if you can be in the fifa selection of the year or win the ballon d'or in the final stages of your career. maybe some rivality with an other player in your team...hmm lots of possibilitys.

agree, the character should be changeable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »