Home

FIFA 17 The Journey (Story Mode) Trailer

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 The Journey (Story Mode) Trailer within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 The Journey (Story Mode) Trailer

Really awkward they didn't listen to all complaints about nba 2k16 with story mode, it seems this will have exact same flaws
Old 06-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #58
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasa
Really awkward they didn't listen to all complaints about nba 2k16 with story mode, it seems this will have exact same flaws

You don't know that at all, from what I saw it didn't seem anywhere near as scripted as 2K.

Even though there were complaints with 2K16's cheesy scripted story, a lot of people liked it.

It's the first year they are doing this, I'm sure it will improve over time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 06-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #59
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

The more I've thought about this the more I've come around to it. It will be nice to have something new in a soccer/football game. And its probably just a one season story thing anyways. So it wont take long. Its just a nice little distraction from the normal game play.

Plus they seem to be putting movie level production into this. Like they tried to do with that Fight Night story mode thing they did a few years back. Which was actually pretty good. So I'll hold judgment until I play it.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #60
Rookie

i liked the story about figh night's andre bishop sitting in jail etc. but i really didn't like that scripted stuff at all, especially the last fight against frost, was pure frustration and didn't make fun at all.

that said, i wished they had a real soccer player instead of that alex hunter, a young rooney starting his career f.e.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #61
Rookie

I have a few questions about the scripted nature of this mode (possibly none that anyone in this forum could answer).

1. Is this a rigid script where certain events happen at certain times, or would there be different paths (similar to the choices in the last two GTA games)?

2. If it is rigid, does my play even matter in the mode? If I dominate the league getting a hat trick each game will there still be a chance I get sat because the script says I was "in poor form" or something like that? Conversely, if I play terribly will I still get praise even if I am the reason my team is in last place in January and have only scored one goal all year?

3. From what I have seen this appears to be a Premier League only mode. So will Alex Hunter have the possibility to be loaned to a club in the Championship, where another young hotshot from Spain or somewhere comes in and takes your spot (the James Wilson experience)? Will you have the ability to play in the Champions League matches, FA Cup matches, League Cup matches, or only in the Premier League. Will Alex have the ability to be transferred to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG, etc? Also if it is a Premier League only mode, if my club is relegated, what happens then?

4. Will Alex be able to play for England (since it says he is from London)?

5. I'm assuming Alex Hunter is a striker. Can I change his position to say CAM or a winger if there are too many players ahead of him on the depth chart?

6. Will the story mode take place over his entire career (for a set number of years), or will it only last for 4/5 years then becoming a regular "My Pro" career?

Hopefully someone has some answers for my questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #62
Rookie

Oh, so you play as Alex Hunter.

Wow the hype train I had for this mode went straight downhill and crashed. The train then exploded and burnt to ashes. Wind then blew the ashes and it's like the train never existed.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #63
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Man....

FIFA is arguably the game it makes the most sense to give people the option to play their own story, what with the crazy amount of clubs/nations that are in play. Mode has a lot of promise, but I'm not thrilled about having to be Alex Hunter.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #64
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't have too much of an issue with this Story mode with Alex Hunter AS LONG AS we're given choices for him and it's not all scripted and linear where we're basically just watching a movie.

Let us atleast have paths we can go down and decisions we can make during his career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »