Home

How are the graphics?

This is a discussion on How are the graphics? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #9
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How are the graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Sparkles, let me ask you this.

The dev's have stated they have been working on FIFA 17 for 2 years.

That makes me think right after 15 they split into 2 teams, one working on fifa 16 and one developing frostbite fifa 17.

Looking at the footage on youtube and FIFA 15 and FIFA 16, the 17 beta sure does look like it's using the animation sets from fifa 15.

The one major thing I see, and this is my opinion of course, is the main running animation looks much closer to what was in 15 then what it became in 16.

Also the player models, the bodies look more like 15's skinnier players.

Again, these are all just my observations watching as good as a resolution as youtube can provide.

Just curious if you played 15 and 16 and if you see what I am seeing or if playing first hand on an HD tv makes it look more like they used 16's assets.
I've been playing FIFA every year and I definitely know what you're talking about in terms of body types and detail. While playing 17 on my ACER HD monitor I couldn't really see anything that made me cringe in terms of bodies and running animations. I do see what you're saying about 15's running and 16's running, 17 definitely had a different running tone than 16 but I can't tell ya if it felt like 15's because I really don't remember 15's destinctively. But in terms of atmosphere and lighting, they finally nailed it. No more washed out night games, or dull lit day games. Frostbite fixed all of that. But what comes along with that are how the players look during night games, and they looked soooooo much better than past years. Also keep in mind, i was playing the beta, so all gameplay aspects may be toned or smoothed out in the final build. All I can say is that I'm very excited for what 17 has to offer, and I'm really stoked to see madden and NHL enter the frostbite graphical era, it really does wonders to the game
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 09-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How are the graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
I've been playing FIFA every year and I definitely know what you're talking about in terms of body types and detail. While playing 17 on my ACER HD monitor I couldn't really see anything that made me cringe in terms of bodies and running animations. I do see what you're saying about 15's running and 16's running, 17 definitely had a different running tone than 16 but I can't tell ya if it felt like 15's because I really don't remember 15's destinctively. But in terms of atmosphere and lighting, they finally nailed it. No more washed out night games, or dull lit day games. Frostbite fixed all of that. But what comes along with that are how the players look during night games, and they looked soooooo much better than past years. Also keep in mind, i was playing the beta, so all gameplay aspects may be toned or smoothed out in the final build. All I can say is that I'm very excited for what 17 has to offer, and I'm really stoked to see madden and NHL enter the frostbite graphical era, it really does wonders to the game
Absolutely, and I must thank EA and more importantly DICE for making such a great engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »