Home

FIFA 17 Features Over 70 Stadiums, 49 of Them Are Fully Licensed

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Features Over 70 Stadiums, 49 of Them Are Fully Licensed within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #25
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 17 Features Over 70 Stadiums, 49 of Them Are Fully Licensed

Small quibbles aside, that's an impressive list of stadia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 03:40 PM   #26
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
From one of FIFA's trailers, it didn't look like Anfield was updated.
And that's not surprising considering the the work wasn't finished until very recently. I don't think anyone expected this to be done. Sure they could have made a guess based on renderings, but I'd rather they really get it right after a live visit.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
The reality is that the premier is exciting top to bottom. Leicester City won the league. Could you see that happening in La Liga? Same two teams every season, and what happens when Ronaldo and Messi leave or are past their prime? I for one applaud EA on such an endeavor. These premier stadiums just adds to the realism
Although I agree the Premier League is more competitive (but please don't give me the example of a new team just because it happened last year), I disagree that the reason is because there are just two good teams. The league is the best one, it just happened it has the best two teams in the world. If F.C.Barcelona and R.Madrid were playing in The Premiere League they would have problaby won the same or more titles than they did in Spain. Look at the Champions League in the last 15 years with Atletico de Madrid or Valencia before, or the 8 of 15 Europa League titles by Spanish teams -none of them by R.Madrid or F.C.Barcelona-.
There is no doubt in my mind that EA and the Premier League want to expand their brand around the world. I just think it is sad to see how the best league in the world is treated like a second class league, and what it is worse, block PES to have the rights. Again, I respect other point of views.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #28
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
WOW! The fact that they have more from the English Football League than La Liga, it is just sad, very sad. I don't care how much EA and the Premier League want to promote "their" league as the best in the world. It is not, and it is not the most followed. The other sad fact it is they pay more to have the rights of La Liga to not allow PES to get more licenses.
I could be way off base here, but if I had to guess I would say that the Premier League teams get a lot more attention from people that play the game, which is why they're putting more focus on it. As someone who strictly does career modes with English teams, I love it because of the realism and immersion.

I'm curious to see if they will have the updated Etihad. I would assume so considering it's been done for a year, but I haven't been able to tell based on screenshots I've seen. Or maybe they're waiting on the entire expansion to be finished, who knows.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just disgusting. They signed a contract for la Liga exclusivity purely to spite PES. Didn't add a single stadium and lost Barca's stadium. Keep in mind PES had all La Liga stadiums in PES 2013, so there should be no excuse for it being too difficult to do a group license. Only one measly stadium added outside of the English ones they had to add to maintain their Premier League deal. I have never been more disgusted with a sports game since EA made Madden the exclusive NFL game ten years ago.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Just disgusting. They signed a contract for la Liga exclusivity purely to spite PES. Didn't add a single stadium and lost Barca's stadium. Keep in mind PES had all La Liga stadiums in PES 2013, so there should be no excuse for it being too difficult to do a group license. Only one measly stadium added outside of the English ones they had to add to maintain their Premier League deal. I have never been more disgusted with a sports game since EA made Madden the exclusive NFL game ten years ago.
I completely agree with your comment HenryClay1844. It is just a disgusting way to block other company even though EA hasn't done anything at all with La Liga. No FIFA for me, thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »