Home

PES or Fifa - Which One

This is a discussion on PES or Fifa - Which One within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PES or Fifa - Which One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
I look at the PES/FIFA debate using this analogy....It's like walking into a club and there is a beautiful blonde on one side of the bar and an alluring brunette on the other. Both have their pros and cons, but you know you will have fun with both of them.

So at the end of the day the moral of the story is that you can't go wrong with bringing either home this year. Or Maybe both if you are lucky. Enjoy your footy gaming gentleman.
Hmmm, that´s not the perfect analogy, because you can´t play both with Fifa and PES at the same time...
Old 09-29-2016, 08:46 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
To me it seems you are in that "AWE" moment, because you played so much PES and now you want something diferent and more complete. I had it too. I was totally overwhelmed when I played fifa 15, then FIfa 16... but eventually it worn out. Fifa 17 is more of the same (some improvements though), and when the aesthetics don´t click anymore (trust me, you´ll get there) then all you have is the gameplay, and that´s when you start missing something again.
That would have been true only if i hadn't logged 1000+ hours in fifa 14 and then barely touched fifa 15 and fifa 16 after buying both on launch day. I was over that awe thing you mention a long time ago, circa fifa 07 on the xbox360. Fifa's gameplay plus total package/experience is drawing me in this year. After reading your comment, I watched some pes 2017 vids on The True Brits youtube channel and i'll concede that the game play this year looks more solid than i have given it credit for. And i may still grudgingly pick it up or borrow it for a fairer comparison and not just rely on twitch or youtube or a demo. But Fifa 17 ,5 games into my career mode and for my own average needs( casual gamer, more gameplay range/mileage for the noob to hardcore core gamer, variety of functional game options to choose from;plays really great out of the box without the need to tweak and tweak as i do with pes) is the go to soccer game this year. I don't know what difficulty you play on but in the recent past, Fifa on legendary has provided a greater challenge (minus the AI cheese/scripting which plagues both games) than anything PES has on superstar -we will see this year. As a lifelong soccer fan, i just want a game that does really well and provides the best realistic sporting sim experience which they arguably don't right now.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:37 AM   #59
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This thread is just proof of how good we have it right now as footy fans. Well done to KONAMI and EA this year .
this 1 million times. competition has bred these two great playing games. when companies fight, we consumers win.

(american) football, baseball, hockey, basketball fans WISH they could be in this position.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 09-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #60
Rookie

Here is a weird question: PS3 player even though I have xbox one (lets not go there, I'm old school). Bought both games in PES and FIfa in the past.

Bought PES 2017 for PS3, made a lot of improvements. Here is the issue. I am an extremely casual soccer gamer. I want realistic, but fun. Not into strategy, complication, etc. Hardcore 2k17 gamer and Madden, and soccer changes the pace and my daughter likes to watch it.

Question: casual gamer, but no arcade, PES, or Fifa. Leaning towards picking up FIFA and playing that instead. I also don't like fake teams, which PES has.

Thoughts?
Old 09-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #61
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoccia
Here is a weird question: PS3 player even though I have xbox one (lets not go there, I'm old school). Bought both games in PES and FIfa in the past.

Bought PES 2017 for PS3, made a lot of improvements. Here is the issue. I am an extremely casual soccer gamer. I want realistic, but fun. Not into strategy, complication, etc. Hardcore 2k17 gamer and Madden, and soccer changes the pace and my daughter likes to watch it.

Question: casual gamer, but no arcade, PES, or Fifa. Leaning towards picking up FIFA and playing that instead. I also don't like fake teams, which PES has.

Thoughts?
I'd still go PES instead because if you're going to be using the PS3, then this year's FIFA is EXACTLY like last year. The improvements are mainly focused on aspects that are only available to a PS4 or Xbox One. Frostbite, The Journey, etc.

And honestly without Frostbite, the presentation is worse than last year cause they removed the Premiere League presentation from the game this year.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 09-30-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #62
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. My only problem is that pes to me is too complicated. I'm not Really knowledgeable about soccer, nor do I know advanced button control for free kicks, etc. I’m more like pass, and score. I don’t know advanced moves. If I put the difficulty down too low, its like an arcade game. If I put it higher, I can barely get a shot on goal and its boring. And of course, with no sliders in PES, I’m kinda stuck. Does this change your recommendation at all or no?
Old 09-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #63
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoccia
Thanks for the reply. My only problem is that pes to me is too complicated. I'm not Really knowledgeable about soccer, nor do I know advanced button control for free kicks, etc. I’m more like pass, and score. I don’t know advanced moves. If I put the difficulty down too low, its like an arcade game. If I put it higher, I can barely get a shot on goal and its boring. And of course, with no sliders in PES, I’m kinda stuck. Does this change your recommendation at all or no?
Yea it kinda does. I mean FIFA is only easier because of sliders. It's the drawback to PES. You could probably get FIFA and put it on Semi-Pro and then adjust the sliders from there to make it as realistic as possible while still remaining fun for you.

And with that being said, to get the real team names, emblems, competitions and settings it takes some Option File work as well which you might not want to do.

Maybe FIFA is the better game for you, but if you can possibly get it for Xbox One, it's worth it.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:43 PM   #64
Rookie

thanks for you help

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »