Home

FIFA 17 Impressions From The Community

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Impressions From The Community within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #17
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: FIFA 17 Avavilable, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Just heard them reference Xhaka will have to try to maintain focus today while playing on his birthday.

Nice touch EA.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
it won't be a birthday card the ref will give him, it will be a yellow one, lol.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #18
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

I've played quite a few games, since I received the game yesterday.
Playing on Legendary.

- Game speed is obviously a bit fast, even on slow, but that is typical FIFA.
- I find it is easier to tackle the CPU this year, unless it uses the shielding, which is over-powered. But that works both ways.
- I haven't noticed too much of the new Active Intelligence System. Offensively, the game feels the same as last year. Although, the new threaded through ball allows for some nice passes into space to pacey strikers.
- The call for support feature is sort of cool, but it doesn't really add much too the offensive game play. Just a gimmick.
- The new driven kick is OP. But at least the CPU uses it less than in the demo. It does look cool though.
- PKs seem a bit easier than in the demo.
- New corner system is meh.
- Fouls still don't happen frequently or organically. You really have to goad the CPU via shielding or quick direction changes.
- Some of the teams DO seem to play differently. I had games using Bayern against Chelsea, ManU and Liverpool. Chelsea let me have the ball most of the game, ManU played a lot of possession with quick passes, and Liverpool played a very narrow, high-aggression tactic, basically ramming you off the ball if you let them and countering fast.

Last edited by Und Lahm; 09-27-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

How do you call for support, Und Lahm?
Old 09-27-2016, 07:54 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Deaky

Wondering this as well.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #21
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Deaky
Tap R1 (on PS4). The team-mate you are aiming at will raise his hand and run closer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #22
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I have a really nice PC and the first thing I was struck by was how cartoonish everything on the pitch looks. I may need some texture mods or something.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:22 PM   #23
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 17 Impressions From The Community

I caved and bought both again after I said I wouldn't after playing the demo as I absolutely hated the demo. I will say it's miles better than the demo and have had some fun with it but I still massively prefer PES this year.

Offline they did a good job slowing the game down and the physicality is very well done but i don't know if its slowing the gameplay down or the frostbite engine but some of the animations look and feel horrible. At time it looks and feels very jerky. Ronaldo looks like he's having a seizure during his free kicks. I will say that frostbite makes the game look gorgeous during cutscenes or when stationary.

The ball physics have been improved over last year but that exponentially increases the problems of what has always been my biggest pet peeve with FIFA and that is dumb non aggressive teammate ai. I feel like unless i control all 10 outfielders I am going to lose every lose ball because your ai teammates won't move toward a ball either in a loose all situation or closing down a pass.

Online I'm not even going into because in my opinion it's just garbage as it's just a flat out arcade game.

In the end I think ill wind up having some fun with journey for one playthrough and a career mode that I play around with a bit because they did a good job increasing the challenge posed by the cpu and they don't always attack down the flanks. But I think this will be the first year in a long time that a majority of my football gaming will be done with the competition.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:43 PM   #24
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I have a really nice PC and the first thing I was struck by was how cartoonish everything on the pitch looks. I may need some texture mods or something.

I'm disappointed to hear this. I have two 1080 gtx cards and I was wondering how the game would look on the pc. I still haven't decided which version to get (ps4 or pc). This is the first year I get back into pc gaming since the '90s. I've heard the pc version is pretty dead online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »