Home

Passing - Manual or Semi

This is a discussion on Passing - Manual or Semi within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #9
Rookie

5280Italian's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Passing - Manual or Semi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverChaosVII
I think Semi was AWFUL this year. I usually play Semi until the game gets too easy and then switch to manual.

I have no idea why, but it just felt painfully bad this game. I had things locking on to wrong players, really bad passes, etc.

I switched over to manual and didn't have any of those problems (so it wasn't my aim). I'm actually finding manual easier...
Interesting that you say that as I have has some boggling missed passes on semi. I keep thinking it's my aim so maybe I will try manual. I was hoping it was based on the players stats.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I went all-manual because I got tired of the CPU making the best decision for my passes.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #11
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

The passing is horrendous this year. I don't know what happened but 50% of the time it doesn't go to the player I aim to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #12
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I love manual passing.

Allows you to place the ball exactly where you want it (and it's harder, which increases bad passes, which makes it seem more realistic). But the biggest thing is being able to place it wherever you want. It's really pretty liberating to be able to find some open space and put a pass there for a teammate to run on to. You're sometimes even able to create space by passing to a specific side of a player, giving him the opportunity to break to open space right when he gets the ball.

And then you never have any "Wow! I meant to pass it to THAT guy!!" moments. Nobody to blame but yourself!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #13
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

I play a combination of semi and assisted because I mainly play online in fifa clubs, seasons or seasons co cop

I will only use manual controls if I play offline against the CPU which is not as much as my game time playing online
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 PM   #14
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
You're sometimes even able to create space by passing to a specific side of a player, giving him the opportunity to break to open space right when he gets the ball.
This cannot be overstated. With assisted passing you're automatically targeting a certain player (hopefully), but with manual you can actually place the ball on, say, the right side of his right foot so that he is better positioned to make his run after receiving the pass. It's awesome.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #15
Rookie

5280Italian's Arena

OVR: 2

I think I will test semi vs manual later and see. Something seems "off" with semi.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #16
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I love manual passing.

Allows you to place the ball exactly where you want it (and it's harder, which increases bad passes, which makes it seem more realistic). But the biggest thing is being able to place it wherever you want. It's really pretty liberating to be able to find some open space and put a pass there for a teammate to run on to. You're sometimes even able to create space by passing to a specific side of a player, giving him the opportunity to break to open space right when he gets the ball.

And then you never have any "Wow! I meant to pass it to THAT guy!!" moments. Nobody to blame but yourself!
100% agree and tbh, manual passing isn't that hard to learn IMO. A lot of people I know who have migrated over started out with manual passing, semi crossing/shooting so that the reward for buildup was there but they weren't let down by the end product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »