Home

FIFA 17 Title Update #1 Available Now For PC, Xbox One & PS4 - Full Details

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Title Update #1 Available Now For PC, Xbox One & PS4 - Full Details within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #65
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 17 Title Update #1 Available Now For PC, Xbox One & PS4 - Full Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
Also, I don't understand the hate that some of you guys have towards this patch. I think it improved the game greatly. Especially the PL Presentation.

I hated the game before the patch and I still hate it after. Lack of skill moves, Superman goal keepers, and every single player being great defenders are a few of the reasons. Players feel like they're moving in quicksand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 02:22 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man, I've seen a lot of videos of the game post-patch and it plays great. I'm playing it right now...it's playing terrible. Pace is up 100%, slider tweaks don't seem to help that. CPU literally ran straight at me with no passing 15 times in one game. Just kept running in an almost straight line.

I have no idea why.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:48 AM   #67
Rookie

I don't know about anyone else, but the game seems to me to have gotten much harder since the patch. I'm not a brilliant player, and I play on PS4 at Professional with no sliders. I can usually win most matches, but lose and draw enough to stop me running away with cups and titles.

However, since the patch it seems much more difficult to win matches. My passes go more astray, through-balls run on just a bit too far, shots go awry. Meanwhile, the CPU seems super-powered. Shots are blocked, defenders seem to have telescopic legs to make tackles, their passing is always crisp and fast and their shots seem much more accurate.

Worst of all for me, fast wingers and attackers seem totally nerfed. Usually I could send a winger down the flank and he'd burn off the full-back. Now he almost immediately gets tackled or bumped off the ball.

With the stamina bars now not working this has sent the game backwards for me. Poor work EA.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:30 AM   #68
Rookie

It also seems that the double-tap low-driven shot has been nerfed too. I just cannot get one to work now. I either blaze the ball over the bar or sidefoot it weakly at the keeper.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #69
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I played one 20 minute game last night (WC) and enjoyed it. Less tiki taka from the CPU and (maybe coincidental) lower passing %s for both teams. I was Arsenal playing Middlesbrough, and it actually felt like I was at an advantage for having a better team, which can't always be said on World Class or Legendary. Anxious to play my next game against a powerhouse, hoping it will prove to be a far greater challenge. The BPL presentation is gorgeous, by the way.

I don't find the game to play any faster at all, not sure where all that talk is coming from.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #70
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Definitely not finding the game being any faster either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzromanov
It also seems that the double-tap low-driven shot has been nerfed too. I just cannot get one to work now. I either blaze the ball over the bar or sidefoot it weakly at the keeper.
Gotta quickly double tap the shoot button now.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzromanov
I don't know about anyone else, but the game seems to me to have gotten much harder since the patch. I'm not a brilliant player, and I play on PS4 at Professional with no sliders. I can usually win most matches, but lose and draw enough to stop me running away with cups and titles.

However, since the patch it seems much more difficult to win matches. My passes go more astray, through-balls run on just a bit too far, shots go awry. Meanwhile, the CPU seems super-powered. Shots are blocked, defenders seem to have telescopic legs to make tackles, their passing is always crisp and fast and their shots seem much more accurate.

Worst of all for me, fast wingers and attackers seem totally nerfed. Usually I could send a winger down the flank and he'd burn off the full-back. Now he almost immediately gets tackled or bumped off the ball.

With the stamina bars now not working this has sent the game backwards for me. Poor work EA.

I agree 100%. I've never lost at all on professional but today I played my first match post patch and I got killed. It wasn't even against a good team. I was Spurs and it was a preseason game against a nobody Asian league team or something. Game definitely feels off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 10:16 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by walls17
I agree 100%. I've never lost at all on professional but today I played my first match post patch and I got killed. It wasn't even against a good team. I was Spurs and it was a preseason game against a nobody Asian league team or something. Game definitely feels off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is good to not be able to win easy isn't it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »