Home

Anyone knows how the football system works in Columbia?

This is a discussion on Anyone knows how the football system works in Columbia? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #9
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anyone knows how the football system works in Columbia?

Lost me at "Columbia", this a South Carolina league?

Start by spelling it correctly: Colombia

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 02:06 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Lost me at "Columbia", this a South Carolina league?

Start by spelling it correctly: Colombia

Start by getting past the fact that it was an obvious misspelling and actually contribute to the thread.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #11
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh2
Start by getting past the fact that it was an obvious misspelling and actually contribute to the thread.
Ignorance is not an excuse for misspelling, especially when someone else posted the correct spelling in thread.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 04:26 PM   #12
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
it's like i said, the "third place" is the non-champion club that scored more overall points in the year: apertura points + clausura points.

and the point of winning both is being 2-times national champion in just one year. the second title is worthless as far as continental cup qualifying goes, but it's worth a lot for national pride.
He explained it well. So basically, the winners of the Apertura and Clausura qualify for the Copa, and the team with the most points overall outside of the champions also qualify.

The point of winning both is the simple point of football, win every game, win every trophy, what else do you play for?
Old 10-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #13
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Ignorance is not an excuse for misspelling, especially when someone else posted the correct spelling in thread.

Who cares? Move along. Absolutely nobody cares besides you.

Mr. I've never not known how to spell something or misspelled something because I'm apart of the internet grammar & spelling police.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:32 PM   #14
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

& also, if you do start swapping MLS teams into Colombia, and adding the best Colombian teams and the best Chilean teams into the Chilean league, you might want to also add the Brasil teams in the other team section to the Argentina league for some of the lesser non-licensed teams in the game.

So then these following leagues will compete in a continental cup every year, 16 team competition.

Mexican league
Brasil/Argentina league
MLS
Chilean/Colombian league.

Not sure whats going on with Brasil Serie A right now in 17, but in FIFA 16 the setup above is what I used.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:25 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
& also, if you do start swapping MLS teams into Colombia, and adding the best Colombian teams and the best Chilean teams into the Chilean league, you might want to also add the Brasil teams in the other team section to the Argentina league for some of the lesser non-licensed teams in the game.

So then these following leagues will compete in a continental cup every year, 16 team competition.

Mexican league
Brasil/Argentina league
MLS
Chilean/Colombian league.

Not sure whats going on with Brasil Serie A right now in 17, but in FIFA 16 the setup above is what I used.
Hi bro, thank you for all your suggestions, they are great to give it a go! I personally like to keep Chilean league as their own league, and basically just replaced Colombian league with the MLS because I always like to look at how other teams are doing in their own league throughout the season and it is just weird to me to see the strong teams from both Chilean and Colombian are in one league while the weaker teams from the same country are playing in another league.

I just started with the whitecaps playing the schedule of Colombian football, and hopefully I won't get bored out of it too soon! How many seasons are you playing in your career mode in 17 and 16 for last year? And what team did you use? Do you find competing in the continental is very difficult? Hope to hear from you soon!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2016, 03:29 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
it's like i said, the "third place" is the non-champion club that scored more overall points in the year: apertura points + clausura points.

and the point of winning both is being 2-times national champion in just one year. the second title is worthless as far as continental cup qualifying goes, but it's worth a lot for national pride.

this is the same as saying winning the fa cup final is worth nothing, because you're qualified to the champions league already. hmmmm it's not... the whole point of this game is winning titles, isn't it?
Got your point bro, and for the money, do you win money by being the first stage champ and then another amount for the being second stage champ? And do the money get carried over to next season or somehow I have to spend them all before the season ends???

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »