Home

Adaptive Difficulty

This is a discussion on Adaptive Difficulty within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Adaptive Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
It was just one example (probably not the best looking one). I can record more if you want.

I don't expect the player to be successful in every situation. No way! I don't want perfection! But If you look carefully you can see how long it takes to the player to react to the pass. It artificial feezes and you can't do nothing to avoid it.
teammate ai has always been stupid on fifa. i'm just advocating that it doesn't make much sense to think that this is difficulty level related. not impossible, but i've never seen evidence of this. they still should be stupid on amateur, but it's easy to overcome this when you're playing against cones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
teammate ai has always been stupid on fifa. i'm just advocating that it doesn't make much sense to think that this is difficulty level related. not impossible, but i've never seen evidence of this. they still should be stupid on amateur, but it's easy to overcome this when you're playing against cones.
There's only one true difficulty level, the real life one. Correct?

How EA artificially produces multiple difficulty levels? Take a look at the opening post... Maybe it's something similar...

My guess/experience/observation is: it's all about the reaction/response time to events and accuracy (pass/shot). As you move to higher difficulty levels your (USER) players/teammates are slower to react and more prone to miss passes and shots while CPU's players get faster and more accurate. There's no rocket science involved.

Play Everton (you) vs Yeovil Town (last RL score was 4-0) 10 times at Legendary. Tell me how many times you win with a score over 3-0? (and vise-versa) If you say 9 or 10 times you can say Legendary is the most realistic difficulty level for your skill level.

Cheers!

Last edited by ricardodc; 11-05-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #43
Banned

this is almost impossible to prove, but in my experience, it's only about the cpu being faster, more accurate and more aggressive. cpu quality changed, not user's. i honestly can't see a difference in my players' reactions when i switch from world class to legendary or when i play h2h against other people.

it would be absurdly stupid from ea if they dumbed down teammate ai even more depending on the difficulty level, when their reactions are already an aspect that raises a lot of complains every year and seems to be something ea have trouble in getting right.

again, i'm not saying legendary isn't much harder, of course it is. but not for this reason you're stating, it's just the cpu quality that becomes super-humanish.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
this is almost impossible to prove, but in my experience, it's only about the cpu being faster, more accurate and more aggressive. cpu quality changed, not user's. i honestly can't see a difference in my players' reactions when i switch from world class to legendary or when i play h2h against other people.

it would be absurdly stupid from ea if they dumbed down teammate ai even more depending on the difficulty level, when their reactions are already an aspect that raises a lot of complains every year and seems to be something ea have trouble in getting right.

again, i'm not saying legendary isn't much harder, of course it is. but not for this reason you're stating, it's just the cpu quality that becomes super-humanish.
I can accept that. I guess we will never know...

Cheers!
Old 11-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #45
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

We'll never know, but I do think it's a combination of cpu buff of speed, agility, ball control, passing, and attacking, and nerfing the speed and agility of the human.

I think all of us can relate to the sudden sluggish feeling of one's squad in CM. You always feel a step behind the cpu, and the inputs feel kind of delayed and gummy. And, yeah, your team's AI seems a little wonky. Simple slow and close passes will just kind of go ignored by your players when they are only a foot or so off the mark, and there is nothing you can do to take control and get your player there in time. It's been this way for years and years.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 11-05-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 03:06 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
We'll never know, but I do think it's a combination of cpu buff of speed, agility, ball control, passing, and attacking, and nerfing the speed and agility of the human.

I think all of us can relate to the sudden sluggish feeling of one's squad in CM. You always feel a step behind the cpu, and the inputs feel kind of delayed and gummy. And, yeah, your team's AI seems a little wonky. Simple slow and close passes will just kind of go ignored by your players when they are only a foot or so off the mark, and there is nothing you can do to take control and get your player there in time. It's been this way for years and years.
+1

This is exactly what I am trying to say.

Cheers!
Old 11-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #47
Banned

i agree about cm gameplay being a bit weird sometimes, but there i believe there's a lot of things shuffling performace, like form, morale, even press conferences, and who knows what else. to me it's very clear that a player in bad form tends to have horribly slow reactions, for example.

i'm just not sure about difficulty level being a factor for how our players perform. also, i can't say that i feel like i'm always a step behind of the cpu; there are times when i do, there are times when it's the opposite. if you feel like this all the time, your difficulty level probably isn't right and you should lower it or at least nerf the cpu a bit with sliders.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #48
Rookie

I tried playing HUT offline on world class matches and even though I have worse team than I have in my career mode, it felt so much easier. And when facing lower rated teams, they actually felt like they were worse.

Now I've had an experiment in my career mode, started a new career on Arsenal and the very first game versus Liverpool, I can't manage to change the result to a multi-goal game. It's always a tie or a one goal game. I start seeing lots of post hits and on 2 occasions when I've been leading Liverpool gets a corner at the dying minutes and scores. I've restarted the game now for at least 10 times and I just can't change the outcome. I don't mind starting my career as it ends, but I want to restart and test it until I manage to change the result. It's also odd how Liverpool always make the same changes, everytime I restart. Milner always comes in after first half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »