Home

Why is this game atrocious?!!

This is a discussion on Why is this game atrocious?!! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Why is this game atrocious?!!

Seriosly there is so much wrong with this crap game!

I dominate online seasons up to division 4 using my custom tactics. Then all of a sudden im slaughtered... all the backt division 8. Then I switch up my tactics a little and i dominate again back up to division 4 or 5. Then guess what.... SLAUGHTERED BACK TO 8 AGAIN!.

EA messes with this game so much. Every time I play it the game feels completely different... each game to the next the passing is different, your players move different, its like each game has different handicaps. And I bet they do do this. EA is a joke.

How come when I am on offense and I "knock on" and the ball goes a little too far.. I try to chase it down but the defender BLASTS me off the ball and steals it. When this is switched around and I am on defense the OFFENSIVE PLAYER (MY OPPONENT) BLASTS MY DEFENDER OFF THE BALL!! I was told to tap LT in this situations... I do that and NOTHING happens... my players are 2x slower than everyone I play online. Its all scripted... yet no one can explain why these things happen to everyone!

Fanboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Re: Why is this game atrocious?!!

The game sucks. Same happens to me. I'm done w it
Old 01-02-2017, 07:24 PM   #3
Banned

Yep same. EA doesnt listen.. the same **** has happened to Madden. Madden isnt good... its the same game every year. Its severely flawed... EA purposely leaves things out of games just to say that they fixed it the year after.

I wont be buying fifa 18 because they NEVER address these issues that I mentioned and 1000000000000000s of people have complained about the same things.

Game is terrible.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSblewA3to1Lead
Seriosly there is so much wrong with this crap game!

I dominate online seasons up to division 4 using my custom tactics. Then all of a sudden im slaughtered... all the backt division 8. Then I switch up my tactics a little and i dominate again back up to division 4 or 5. Then guess what.... SLAUGHTERED BACK TO 8 AGAIN!.

EA messes with this game so much. Every time I play it the game feels completely different... each game to the next the passing is different, your players move different, its like each game has different handicaps. And I bet they do do this. EA is a joke.

How come when I am on offense and I "knock on" and the ball goes a little too far.. I try to chase it down but the defender BLASTS me off the ball and steals it. When this is switched around and I am on defense the OFFENSIVE PLAYER (MY OPPONENT) BLASTS MY DEFENDER OFF THE BALL!! I was told to tap LT in this situations... I do that and NOTHING happens... my players are 2x slower than everyone I play online. Its all scripted... yet no one can explain why these things happen to everyone!

Fanboys.
Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly? You get up to Division 4 and then begin losing? That can't possibly be because the opponents are better? No? Okay, no problem.

Your players are slower? Online? Could it be your connection speed? Perhaps your connection not meshing with your opponent's? It has been proven that the game matches the game speed to the person with the slower connection. No? Not the problem? Scripting? Very well.

Sorry to hear EA, who can't code a direction arrow to show on command when taking penalties, has injected code into your game to make you and only you lose. Those meanies. I don't blame you for not buying FIFA 18.

And before you call me a fanboy, I acknowledge this game is flawed. Scripting online, however, does not exist.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:05 AM   #5
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

Shame on them for not letting you always win... -pouty face- boo hoo, how evil of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2017, 02:34 AM   #6
Rookie

I agree with most of the OP's sentiments.

I've been playing FIFA for years, but recently I really feel like it's gone down hill. Yeah, the presentation is great, but gameplay-wise? Man, it's just off.

To me it feels like EA stops you from making the plays your skill level should allow you to make. I don't feel like that used to be a problem on FIFA. I can't remember the last match I played on FIFA 16 or 17 where I didn't hit the crossbar or the post at least one time per match.

I can have 11 shots on goal, with the CPU only having 2, and I will lose 2-0. I will hit the crossbar once or twice. I'll have a great counter attack going and when it comes time to lay the ball off to one of my players who is wide open, the passing will be wonky as hell.

I also can't master the shot power meter, which is crazy, given the fact that I have been playing the game for years, and only recently have I lost my touch.

The one dude making fun of the OP is hilarious. The OP is not saying he should win every match. I actually agree with the point he was making, which is that you get to a certain division and then get relegated, but it doesn't just stop at the next division. You will keep losing and losing. Shots hitting crossbars, or posts. Easy passes not completed. Over and over again. But then your opponent will get one shot on goal and he'll nail it from 35 yards. 1-0. Game over.

I just don't enjoy this game anymore. And I used to absolutely love this game. Don't really know what happened to it. I much prefer PES the past couple of years. Sucks they don't have all of the licenses and environment of FIFA, but I'd rather have solid game play if I had to choose.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, I feel that all sports games suffer at a higher difficulty. AI doesn't seem to be more difficult. It just seems like your accuracy goes down, their accuracy goes up, they are more physical, they are faster no matter the rating, etc. in my experience, semi pro difficulty shows the rating gap. If you have a guy on a break with 89 pace, he will get through, but that same guy on the same play will not only get caught by the beaten defender with 65 pace on world class, he will get the ball stolen from him. I'm sorry, but your 5 star rated epl team shouldn't lose to a 1 star team from Denmark no matter the difficulty. Again, in my experience, all sports games make things difficult by messing with ratings rather than truly better ai. As far as pvp, remember, the higher you go, the better the players. You could play a few hours per week vs the guy who plays 10 hours per day. I play solo and every year can get to division 1. This year, I've been as high as 4...twice. It doesn't seem more challenging, just more frustrating.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:09 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Use the impressions thread, please.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo