Home

Selling Players in Career Mode

This is a discussion on Selling Players in Career Mode within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0
Selling Players in Career Mode

It has always been difficult to sell players in this game for me. But, it seems even more difficult to do it in this year's version. I get very few offers on transfer listed players. Most of the offers I get are for my best young players that I don't have listed and don't want to sell.

Is there a trick to getting more offers? How long before the window should they be listed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #2
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Selling Players in Career Mode

It's hard to sell aging or low-quality players, just as it should be. If you look at real life, transfer fees are really only paid for prime players. Most players over a certain age or under a certain level of ability move via free transfers, or even end up having to shop themselves to clubs.

The trick to selling players is to sell better players. That's what it boils down to. If you're managing a small club, sell good players right before they start to decline steeply. (I generally sell them at the first sign of decline while they still have decent value,) or in the case of future stars that you aren't going to be able to afford in their prime, sell them while you still have control of their contract (under age 23 or with more than 6 months left on their contract.) If you're managing a big club, don't expect to make a big profit selling players unless it's just a case of having more quality players at one position than you need, and don't be afraid to sell when that's the case.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
It has always been difficult to sell players in this game for me. But, it seems even more difficult to do it in this year's version. I get very few offers on transfer listed players. Most of the offers I get are for my best young players that I don't have listed and don't want to sell.

Is there a trick to getting more offers? How long before the window should they be listed?
It's annoying having to do this as it kind of feels like 'cheating' a little, but the best thing to do in the summer transfer window is save at an early point, then move forward a week or so. If you've not got any transfer offers at all, exit your career, load it up from where you saved before and try again. If you do this 4 or 5 times, you'll see that sometimes you'll get the offers you were wanting. Save it again when you've received an offer for a player you want to get rid of and repeat.

That said, I agree that you get too few offers for some players, so it feels like a 'necessary' cheat in my opinion. In real life even your declining older players will still be of interest to teams in lower divisions or in other countries, so it should really be the case that at least 80% of players you transfer/loan list get offers - which unfortunately doesn't usually happen if you don't use this method.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #4
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Turn OFF transfer offers to the players that you want to keep. It narrows things down a bit.
#WeAreND
Old 01-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
Rookie

buziii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Turn OFF transfer offers to the players that you want to keep. It narrows things down a bit.
Do we think that actually increases offers for the listed players?

I usually just make a very high counter offer on players I want to keep. They usually stop asking, but sometimes I have to accept when they meet the high counter, since it is too high to turn down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #6
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
Do we think that actually increases offers for the listed players?

I usually just make a very high counter offer on players I want to keep. They usually stop asking, but sometimes I have to accept when they meet the high counter, since it is too high to turn down.
Think of it this way, if you turn those off, the CPU won't waste your time making offers for them, and instead, they will use their offers on the ones that you transfer listed. That's what I've always done. Works really well.
#WeAreND
Old 01-05-2017, 12:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Think of it this way, if you turn those off, the CPU won't waste your time making offers for them, and instead, they will use their offers on the ones that you transfer listed. That's what I've always done. Works really well.
In a way though, I find this a little too unrealistic.

It means that you'll never get surprise offers for some of your high performing players, which isn't really how it is in real life. Teams get offers for their best players all the time, and every player should have their price whereby there are certain offers that you just can't refuse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »