Home

Unavailable for Amazon Preorder?

This is a discussion on Unavailable for Amazon Preorder? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 09:20 PM   #17
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Unavailable for Amazon Preorder?

I canceled my physical version of FIFA. I'm not waiting until 10/3. Probably will go digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-28-2017, 07:12 AM   #18
Rookie

redcat's Arena

OVR: 1

I went ahead and pre-ordered and called Amazon since I was curious if they would actually come out and acknowledge that release-day delivery was largely gone for video games (I've seen it still available for some). The rep was completely evasive and frustrating. He kept saying that if the release was on a weekend or holiday, then they wouldn't guarantee release-day delivery, to which I kept replying that the 29th was neither a weekend nor a holiday. After about 15 minutes, including several on hold while he "looked into it," he upgraded me to one-day shipping so I'd get it Monday. Now today (Thursday), my pre-order says "Shipping today" and my card has been charged, so I'm curious if I'll get it release day after all. For the record, I'm nowhere remotely near a Best Buy; if I was, I'd just go there and do the trade-in discount.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #19
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

So I got my Best Buy digital code for the Standard Edition, the PSN code shows as valid on the PlayStation website but it won't let me redeem it. Is this because I'm too early? I thought I had to enter the code early for the pre-load.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcat
I went ahead and pre-ordered and called Amazon since I was curious if they would actually come out and acknowledge that release-day delivery was largely gone for video games (I've seen it still available for some). The rep was completely evasive and frustrating. He kept saying that if the release was on a weekend or holiday, then they wouldn't guarantee release-day delivery, to which I kept replying that the 29th was neither a weekend nor a holiday. After about 15 minutes, including several on hold while he "looked into it," he upgraded me to one-day shipping so I'd get it Monday. Now today (Thursday), my pre-order says "Shipping today" and my card has been charged, so I'm curious if I'll get it release day after all. For the record, I'm nowhere remotely near a Best Buy; if I was, I'd just go there and do the trade-in discount.
Mmmmm, my card has also been charged, I'm wondering if I will get it tomorrow. This Release Day thing sucks with Amazon. My estimated day to get it was Oct 3rd.... Wondering if I should chat with them to see what they offer.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
Mmmmm, my card has also been charged, I'm wondering if I will get it tomorrow. This Release Day thing sucks with Amazon. My estimated day to get it was Oct 3rd.... Wondering if I should chat with them to see what they offer.
I have the same delivery date... at least they gave us the $47.99 offer. I may chat with them as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #22
MVP

As a follow up they upgraded me to 1 day shipping to arrive 2 days after release.

I don't get it....
Old 09-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
As a follow up they upgraded me to 1 day shipping to arrive 2 days after release.

I don't get it....
Ha! But it shipped today? So you get it Monday? I hope they figure this Release date game problem. I can usually wait, but would've been nice just to go to Bestbuy and pick it up for the weekend
Old 09-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
Ha! But it shipped today? So you get it Monday? I hope they figure this Release date game problem. I can usually wait, but would've been nice just to go to Bestbuy and pick it up for the weekend
Yes... shipping today. She said she was going to reach out to the carrier (UPS I presume).

My sons birthday is on Sunday, which is even more infuriating, since this is a gift for him.

Called again today to follow up on the carrier request - no dice. They did give me one free month of Prime and a $10 gift card, so it's something.

Last edited by green94; 09-29-2017 at 03:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »