Home

Origin games

This is a discussion on Origin games within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Origin games

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Right. I don't have any games on Steam or XBOX/PSN accounts. If it isn't on a disc, basically, I don't play it. Unless it's an indie PC game or one that promises a fully downloadable installer.
You're a relic from another time, that's for sure lol. Well, I hope the answers here at least eased your anxiety. When you buy it digitally you'll still own it. They won't take it away.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemaster20007
You're a relic from another time, that's for sure lol. Well, I hope the answers here at least eased your anxiety. When you buy it digitally you'll still own it. They won't take it away.
Well, actually I had an online chat with EA Sports two days ago. Waited 40 minutes for a representative. Anyway, we talked for a long time and he verified with other people, supervisors or something similar, and they looked into my questions about digital downloads. Turns out that, legally, they dont promise you the sale of an item that works on its own. And as of this moment EA as a company has no documentation in place that determines what happens to digital purchases if Origin were to get shut down tomorrow. So technically, while they can't "take it away" it requires acquiring their installation software to play it and there is no plan today to provide downloaders with a hard copy of the game. In short, if the origin installer disappeared, you'd have no way of installing the game in 5 years. Meantime, I recently installed PES6 and MVP Baseball 2005 because theyre on discs.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 09-24-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #11
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

OVR: 0

Back when the transfer from EA Download Manager to Origin happened, some of my games disappeared because I didn't play them in a certain time period. So yeah losing digital games is a very real possibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 09:18 PM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

If origin were to shut down, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to continue playing since we do have the option to play offline currently.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:52 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
If origin were to shut down, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to continue playing since we do have the option to play offline currently.
What me and others are debating, and what I spoke to EA about is the instance where you DONT have the game you purchased in your possession, installed, and the online database is closed. And EA themselves told me there is currently no answer to that issue. Of ciurse they also have no reason to think anything is wrong but it does concern me a bit that there is zero contingency in place today. Even just as a hypothetical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »