Home

Squad Battles

This is a discussion on Squad Battles within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Squad Battles

Folks, would appreciate your input regarding "Squad Battles" feature of FIFA 18. I'm quite intrigued by Squad Battles given it can be played offline. I would love to hear your thoughts and impressions about Squad Battles as it will help me decide whether to go for FIFA 18.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Squad Battles

I’ve just got into it and it’s fun to honest. You build your team and have objectives to fulfill and just play against the teams other people have. You play whatever level you want against the AI instead of a human. My first venture into FUT and it’s enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-06-2017, 10:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
I’ve just got into it and it’s fun to honest. You build your team and have objectives to fulfill and just play against the teams other people have. You play whatever level you want against the AI instead of a human. My first venture into FUT and it’s enjoyable.

Thanks. I made the call earlier today to get FIFA this year instead of Madden so will get into it and hopefully have fun with FUT for the first time
Old 10-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
Thanks. I made the call earlier today to get FIFA this year instead of Madden so will get into it and hopefully have fun with FUT for the first time

You can do everything the online FUT players can do but you just go into the single player menu. You just have to remember to keep stocking up some consumables like fitness cards and contracts but yeh, everything is just like online. Have fun!

Old 10-07-2017, 04:01 AM   #5
Rookie

2KUte's Arena

It's the only thing I'm playing and it's fun. The rewards for it are great and I'm trying to get the best rewards right now I'm up to the level where you get a premium gold players pack with a jumbo premium pack. I like that you can switch up difficulty, the higher difficulty I usually have to grind out games so some times I switch it up and play easier difficulty and score a ton of goals. I noticed that on the higher difficulty if I jump out to a lead than the CPU will start taking more chances and will open up for goal scoring opportunities are you late into a game. like I was leading 1-0 late in the game than I noticed they played super aggressively and I ended up scoring twice and winning 3-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #6
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

They've really improved the single player experience in FUT, which is awesome.

Squad Battles are fantastic, although just be prepared to play some super tough teams and if you're not playing with an 80+ squad with high chem, be wary of the tougher difficulty levels. But the rewards are fantastic.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #7
Rookie

2KUte's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
They've really improved the single player experience in FUT, which is awesome.

Squad Battles are fantastic, although just be prepared to play some super tough teams and if you're not playing with an 80+ squad with high chem, be wary of the tougher difficulty levels. But the rewards are fantastic.
For real, I was playing against a squad that had both Messi & Ronaldo! I adjusted difficulty tho
Old 10-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #8
Rookie

For the time being I'm facing the following two issues and would really like to get some tips...

1. Defending long/floated through balls - My defenders literally stay rooted to a spot and become unresponsive while defending a long/floated through ball. They allow the opposing players past them and refuse to track high passes/through balls properly. Even when I try to take control of the defender by pressing L1, the defenders don't respond till the ball is behind them and the opposing players are through. Any help what I should be doing will be helpful. Should I try 'Custom Tactics' and set pressure to a lowish number (say 20)?

2. Inaccurate passing - I've tried playing with "assisted" and "semi-auto" passing but somehow I randomly get my player passing the ball in a totally different direction to a player I didn't intend to pass the ball to. Any idea what i might be doing wrong and what are the settings to ensure that the ball at least goes towards the intended player?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »