Home

Help with dribbling and beating a defender

This is a discussion on Help with dribbling and beating a defender within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help with dribbling and beating a defender

Folks,
Really need help with beating a defender one-on-one. So many times I'm in a position where I've to get past one guy to be in a great position to take a shot at the goal and I can't do it. Most of my goals come via through balls or crosses and i can't do much if I'm in a position to create a chance by beating a defender.

I've tried using L2 to shield the ball but all it does is buy me some time but i still can't beat the defender using it. What I'm looking for is one or two easy to learn moves which can help me beat a defender. I don't have stick sills and that's why a simple and easy move or two is what I'm after. if you have a tip or two, please do share. At the moment I either use L2 to shield the ball or if I'm running down the wing, I use L1 to stop and then pass the ball to another player or cross it in. If I could learn a way or two to beat a defender it would take my game to another level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Help with dribbling and beating a defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
Folks,
Really need help with beating a defender one-on-one. So many times I'm in a position where I've to get past one guy to be in a great position to take a shot at the goal and I can't do it. Most of my goals come via through balls or crosses and i can't do much if I'm in a position to create a chance by beating a defender.

I've tried using L2 to shield the ball but all it does is buy me some time but i still can't beat the defender using it. What I'm looking for is one or two easy to learn moves which can help me beat a defender. I don't have stick sills and that's why a simple and easy move or two is what I'm after. if you have a tip or two, please do share. At the moment I either use L2 to shield the ball or if I'm running down the wing, I use L1 to stop and then pass the ball to another player or cross it in. If I could learn a way or two to beat a defender it would take my game to another level.
Ditto to this. I am looking for help in getting a grade A in the Attacking Scenarios training for Career mode. It's nearly impossible to get by a defender in the tutorial.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanghicks
Ditto to this. I am looking for help in getting a grade A in the Attacking Scenarios training for Career mode. It's nearly impossible to get by a defender in the tutorial.
Are you referring to the Skills Tutorial where you have to beat a defender and put the ball past a half blocked goal? If yes, I consistently get an 'F' in that tutorial coz at max I'm able to get one goal in. Most of the time I run around, try to dribble, waste 15 secs and thereabouts and then lose possession to the defender

IMO it would've been great if the tutorial also had an option to turn on some sort of hint/aid which showed you which stick to move or which button to press at a specific time to beat the defender. I tried but so far no answer.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
Are you referring to the Skills Tutorial where you have to beat a defender and put the ball past a half blocked goal? If yes, I consistently get an 'F' in that tutorial coz at max I'm able to get one goal in. Most of the time I run around, try to dribble, waste 15 secs and thereabouts and then lose possession to the defender

IMO it would've been great if the tutorial also had an option to turn on some sort of hint/aid which showed you which stick to move or which button to press at a specific time to beat the defender. I tried but so far no answer.
I think that's the one...not near my Xbox at the moment. I know it is part of the shooting/scoring group of tutorials for upgrading your players' attributes. It's literally the only tutorial I cannot get a Grade A/Excellent score in. It starts as just you vs. the goalie, but then switches to 2v2, 3v3, etc. The defenders stay on you like stink on sh*t. I feel like there has to be a secret.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanghicks
I think that's the one...not near my Xbox at the moment. I know it is part of the shooting/scoring group of tutorials for upgrading your players' attributes. It's literally the only tutorial I cannot get a Grade A/Excellent score in. It starts as just you vs. the goalie, but then switches to 2v2, 3v3, etc. The defenders stay on you like stink on sh*t. I feel like there has to be a secret.
Has to be as I see all these videos where forwards run by the defenders or make one move and they are past their guy. If I can learn just a couple of simple easy to learn moves to beat a defender one-on-one without having to do too much on the controller like some of the skill moves, I would be set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 12:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've learned that sprinting will be a good way to rid rid of the ball for you. A lot of times simply changing direction with the stick alone is enough to shake them if you time it right. Doesn't work in the box as much since the AI is more aggressive, so look for either passing it or trying a skill move.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemaster20007
I've learned that sprinting will be a good way to rid rid of the ball for you. A lot of times simply changing direction with the stick alone is enough to shake them if you time it right. Doesn't work in the box as much since the AI is more aggressive, so look for either passing it or trying a skill move.
Do you know of an easy to execute move which works well? I don't want to go through 100 or so skill moves to master them and see which works - simply don't have the time (and probably reflexes) for it. if you know of a couple of easy to learn moves which can help you get past a defender, do share those specific skill moves and how to execute them. Would really appreciate the help.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #8
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8

The most simple skill move which is very effective is the ball roll. Just flick the right stick in the opposite direction of where the ball is on your foot. I've blown past multiple defenders in the box just by using that move alone. It's also a 2 star skill move so just about everyone can do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »