Home

FUT Squad Battles Strategy and Tactics

This is a discussion on FUT Squad Battles Strategy and Tactics within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

OVR: 0
FUT Squad Battles Strategy and Tactics

I don't think I'm duplicating here, but for you guys that are playing squad battles...what difficulty are you playing on? What formations do you find work? How about tactics?

Currently I'm trying to play every match on legendary in order to maximize my points every day and its only partially working. I'm using a 4-5-1 with custom tactics and while it does seem to be creating opportunities in certain matches there are others where I still get blown away by the AI.

Is there anything you find particularly useful when defending against the AI? Its a challenge for me sometimes especially when they are desperate for a goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 04:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: FUT Squad Battles Strategy and Tactics

Ive been playing on world class just to get to gold 1 or 2
Old 11-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

I average elite 3 most weeks, but I want to try to push further. I've watched tutorials, read articles, but its only helped marginally. So, I figured I'd ask here.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
Just started!

Smile Re: FUT Squad Battles Strategy and Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider1078
I don't think I'm duplicating here, but for you guys that are playing squad battles...what difficulty are you playing on? What formations do you find work? How about tactics?

Currently I'm trying to play every match on legendary in order to maximize my points every day and its only partially working. I'm using a 4-5-1 with custom tactics and while it does seem to be creating opportunities in certain matches there are others where I still get blown away by the AI.

Is there anything you find particularly useful when defending against the AI? Its a challenge for me sometimes especially when they are desperate for a goal.
I manage to make elite 1 most of the time or elite 2
Using legacy defending
Passing 35
Passing 35
And use narrow formation that match the opponent
the most important is to control the midfield
If they play 4321 a 4312 work best
If they play 433 a 4321 with long passing 60 / 60 works better etc....
I don’t manage to win 5-0 all the time but this week I won all my game but I am already 5000 point behind top 100
Good luck
Old 11-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #5
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

defending is definitely a struggle for me...I don't really know why so maybe legacy is something I need to try or maybe a more defensive formation with a couple CDMs or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #6
Just started!

Quote:
defending is definitely a struggle for me...I don't really know why so maybe legacy is something I need to try or maybe a more defensive formation with a couple CDMs or something.
Defending is hell as I’m thinking forward all the time so have to play backward is very difficult. I’m sure to take a goal in the first 3 min of a game online luckly I can score once I find the right formation in game the last game in div 4 was lost 6-7 due to 3 goal in the first 20 min

The problem if you start to use legacy it will kill your online game
Old 11-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #7
Just started!

Smile Re: FUT Squad Battles Strategy and Tactics

Quote:
Now if you just want to play squad battle, use legacy defending
Make sure to press X for one man press and O for two man press use only O in conjunction with one man press as it leave a gap

Technically legacy help in taking the ball not defending
So you will take the ball earlier and avoid the ai greatness in passing the ball in impossible situation (I play in legendary, ultimate to crazy).
Once you use the X to press the player with the ball it will run straight so to adjust your direction will running you have to release and press again the X
That’s the basic part but what I found out is; once you press X , you need to use the analog stick in the opposite direction (your goal keeper)
It rush the ai and I don’t why he will make a clumsy pass. Or you will take the ball as well as holding is shirt when you are behind him giving you enough time to press O for second man press
Good luck

Last edited by JohnDundee; 11-17-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

So I tried legacy defending in my squad battles this morning and it seemed to work very well. I did lose one game 0-1 but I won the other three.

I don't play many online games. I'm awful against actual humans. The only time I've played online season this year is when its part of my weekly or daily objectives.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »