Home

Breaking Down the 2018 FIFA World Cup DLC

This is a discussion on Breaking Down the 2018 FIFA World Cup DLC within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Breaking Down the 2018 FIFA World Cup DLC

It was a curious run-up to this year’s World Cup DLC release. Uncertainty about EA actually...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Breaking Down the 2018 FIFA World Cup DLC

Here Kevin for my taste too diplomatically of his rating, though he often makes fine nuanced reviews. EA FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 is like telling the world's thirsty man to drink his thirst in Salt Lake City. But I'm happy he also sees Placebo effect for those who believe in game play change.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
Pro

OK review, but the omission of Captain Your Country is inexcusable. All the mechanics for it are already integrated into the game, it would cost nothing to EA. MAJOR let down.

And actually, there is some new commentary stories, telling some stuff about teams' campaigns in 2014 and the qualifiers which is very nice. But Martin Tyler's comment about him being sad for South America, Chile out of the World Cup yada yada is overused to the point I would call it a bug, it's triggered in almost every single game, including matches without anyone from South America.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Haha how annoyed would you be being a Brazil fan & constantly hearing Tyler reminding you, you lost 7-1 to Germany ever bloody game you play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Haha how annoyed would you be being a Brazil fan & constantly hearing Tyler reminding you, you lost 7-1 to Germany ever bloody game you play.

They will never forget the humiliation, and if they should, the Germans will remind them of it. Revenge is their only salvation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2018, 11:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Truly a terrible effort from EA. This review doesn't describe how pitiful this effort is compared to past World Cup games. The sounds are pathetic and there is no notion the world cup is in Russia. There are only English stadium announcements and no distinct Russian horns.* The 12 man bench is not something they are capable of programming. The commentary from Tyler is pretty weak. The World Cup trophy presentation is generic and doesn't look like any other trophy presentation. But its free and there are plenty of packs for you to open and rip off SBC to complete so that's what this game has come to. It's really upsetting to me to see how far sports games have sunk the last couple year. This is the caper.*
Old 06-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #7
Just started!

?"Speaking of kits, the majority of the updated kits made it into the game with a few errors, most noticeably Germany’s away shorts being green instead of white."

I heard that german away shorts will actually be green due to FIFA kit regularities.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse

Hahaha.. we actually make fun about it since that game.. jokes like "everyday is a different 7x1" is kinda normal here lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »