Home

Anyone else find that the CPU win nearly all headers?

This is a discussion on Anyone else find that the CPU win nearly all headers? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2018, 05:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone else find that the CPU win nearly all headers?

I'm not sure if it's just something I'm doing wrong, or something unbalanced within the game, but I've noticed for a while now that CPU offensive headers in particular pose way more threat than they should.

This frustration culminated yesterday in my Career Mode where I found myself 4-0 down to Liverpool in under 35 minutes. They basically had 5 crosses, and for 4 of them their attacker (Firmino with 3, so not even that good in the air) was able to head the ball in without much challenge from my defender. Of course it's not always quite this bad, but it's also not the first time it's happened.

I'm playing on the Switch version if that matters, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I was just wondering if anyone knew any good tactics to counter this, or perhaps even any sliders that can help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Anyone else find that the CPU win nearly all headers?

In a game of 11 v 11, FIFA is a game of 1 v 1

If you have two CB standing on each side of the ST during the cross, and FIFA determines the CB behind the ST is the marking guy, the CB in front wont be able to make a play of the ball no matter what you do.

I’ve even had my CDM jump over a ball, rather the intercept it because the game decided someone else should interact with the ball.

Similar issues happens with passing pressure.

You have two attackers running into the box and you do a hard ground pass, if you hold it too long, it designates the second attacker should get the ball and the closer guy can’t imteract with it.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Schrankwand's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else find that the CPU win nearly all headers?

Never experienced something like this in this FIFA. It's quite a tricky topic, i guess.

Was i noticed in previous FIFAs, especially FIFA 12, was that the heading stat didn't matter quite much, but the jumping stat did. You could basically have a player with only 50 heading but 85 jumping and he would score a ton of goals with his head and win a lot of aerial duels as well.

Maybe you should post your team here and the stats of the players that matter for heading duels in the air. Height is important as well; but that's probably a topic for itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »