Home

Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched

This is a discussion on Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #25
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Fifa Devs Confirm Career Mode in Fifa 19 is Basically Untouched

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
What happened to the custom managers everyone on YouTube was confirming?

It was probably a concept. I've seen a LOT of cool pics from stuff like that, but it's all been fake.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #26
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

I think it's silly for them to Shell out millions for the champion league. Maybe it's just me, but imagine how many more people they could hire to work on ACTUAL, career modes changes if they didn't pay millions to simply reskin menus, and record more cheese lines of commentary.

I'd rather have a fake champions league for the MLS, and Asian leagues, than a real one that ultimately doesn't make the game better as a whole.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #27
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
I think it's silly for them to Shell out millions for the champion league. Maybe it's just me, but imagine how many more people they could hire to work on ACTUAL, career modes changes if they didn't pay millions to simply reskin menus, and record more cheese lines of commentary.

I'd rather have a fake champions league for the MLS, and Asian leagues, than a real one that ultimately doesn't make the game better as a whole.

CL investment was to sell more games and I'm sure it will have a huge factor in FUT. In CM I feel it will just be an overlay over the generic one from years pasts.

Unfortunately for me I have fallen victim to the FUT crowd; because of disappointment with franchise modes and the enjoyment of the grind, I'm a FUT guy going forward I think in FIFA. I may or may not do a CM in FIFA 19... I may just for the CL experience but these days I get my franchise fix in Football Manager.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #28

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
CL investment was to sell more games and I'm sure it will have a huge factor in FUT. In CM I feel it will just be an overlay over the generic one from years pasts.
It is a very pretty overlay though, the Presentation is very nice, and the news treats the competition as a big deal unlike in previous iterations, but it's basically just this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Unfortunately for me I have fallen victim to the FUT crowd; because of disappointment with franchise modes and the enjoyment of the grind, I'm a FUT guy going forward I think in FIFA. I may or may not do a CM in FIFA 19... I may just for the CL experience but these days I get my franchise fix in Football Manager.
Football Manager has ruined any manager style game for me. I only use CM in FIFA for the Single Player(same for Madden) Nothing even comes close to FM for me.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:43 PM   #29
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA

EA has enough resources to invalidate these kind of arguments. Now, if you would have said Konami, I'd have fully agreed with you.

I suspect that despite Career Mode folks (myself included) are the minority although I still don't believe that the Journey gets more playtime than CM. I love first person modes but it's just so gimmicky to me (The Journey).
Old 08-23-2018, 05:45 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 0

The hope is the last to die, although most here know the writing on the wall. The only thing for my cynicism to sparkle is if anyone believes in the p... they fill the media with before publishing !. They are total indemnity with this community or for that matter other similar, as long as it is not about earnings. Fifas CM is like a makeup body that died in 14. Something is rotten in the state of ....disgusting comparison, but the point is good. lol.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:50 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterry
Just give us a database editor and let the community do the rest. Sure its not all the other features that we want and they could implement if they cared but this one change would at least lead to some more playability while they fix the mess of Career mode.

It is never going to happen. Because EA long ago decided to be a closed system where openness and transparency are a really bad feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #32

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Lol. Man I remember people were so quick to side with EA when so many of us were complaining that they were spending all their time on UT. People were saying that career mode had its own "team" of devs. That was never a thing.

Sad to see YouTubers and websites touting new licenses as career mode "features." It doesn't matter what we want, because IGN/etc will be giving this game a 8.5-9.5. They'll do the usual, "this game offers enough minor tweaks and changes to please any fan," type of review that they do every year for every major sports game. After playing the game for a whole 3 hours, of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »