Home

Unreal High Press in Career

This is a discussion on Unreal High Press in Career within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Unreal High Press in Career

Stared a new manager career in the lowest German division. The side I picked isn’t great but seems like no matter what team I play against that have an unbelievable high press and almost feels like they have 15 men on the field. I’m playing on World Class because I do want it to be a challenge but trying to combat this press is maddening. I’ve take the sliders listed in the main thread here and applied them but it didn’t change much. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Unreal High Press in Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandiyan
Stared a new manager career in the lowest German division. The side I picked isn’t great but seems like no matter what team I play against that have an unbelievable high press and almost feels like they have 15 men on the field. I’m playing on World Class because I do want it to be a challenge but trying to combat this press is maddening. I’ve take the sliders listed in the main thread here and applied them but it didn’t change much. Any suggestions?
You just gotta make sure that your formation/tactics/instructions are all set up to help you if you're struggling with the press. Having either Long Ball or Possession, depending on your skills and team, is best. Make sure your attacking tactics are set to almost max width, as that'll give more passing options and it's pretty easy to beat the press on the wings. Wingers with come short can be helpful. It really just depends.

Personally I love it when I come up against teams that press because otherwise it's way too easy to move the ball forward. But if it feels like you're in one of those games in which nothing is working for you, just remember the old saying: when in doubt, get it out.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the tips. I haven’t messed with the tactics too much so I’ll give those a try and see how it turns out. The team I’m playing with plays 3 at the back and 5 in midfield and I think at times it feels we are all over each other so spreading the team out via tactics could help.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you have a big/strong striker, I would recommend long ball too. If you play with two strikers, I would recommend 1 striker set as a target man & another quicker striker to run in behind. It has worked really well for me against pressing teams in career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »