Home

FIFA 19 FIRST PATCH must fix

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 FIRST PATCH must fix within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #9
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 19 FIRST PATCH must fix

Pace is fine and it's the same as it was in the demo and beta.

Or I should say, top end pace is fine; acceleration might require the tiniest of boosts.

But as things are now, you can definitely outpace defenders. Pace is much more realistic this year, and you have to use it as such. Players tire quicker over long distances than they did before, so you can't sprint half the length of the pitch like you could in FIFA 18 without being caught. It's one of the best changes in FIFA 19.

You just have to be more tactical about it. When there's space, you gotta use knock ons. If you do them correctly, the dribbler will sprint at just about his top off-the-ball pace, and you can stay in front of slower players.

It's more difficult this year to be sure but I still dust defenders with pacey forwards, so it can be done.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #10
Rookie

Came here for info on the new patch. No new patch today, I guess. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #11
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechef128
I agree with this. It is very very very difficult to outsprint slower players in this game, compared to any other fifa. Overall defense speed is very high. At times i feel players are moving faster than the ball. The biggest issue is when playing against someone who puts on "high pressure" im trying to do quick passes and catch my opponent out of position and im just constantly passing to the defense. And of course everyone online on FUT uses high pressure.

Use the right stick to knock the ball in front of you. It is imperative that people use it this year. You can no longer just out pace everyone with the ball at your feet. I cannot stress this enough. Use the right stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Pace is fine and it's the same as it was in the demo and beta.

Or I should say, top end pace is fine; acceleration might require the tiniest of boosts.

But as things are now, you can definitely outpace defenders. Pace is much more realistic this year, and you have to use it as such. Players tire quicker over long distances than they did before, so you can't sprint half the length of the pitch like you could in FIFA 18 without being caught. It's one of the best changes in FIFA 19.

You just have to be more tactical about it. When there's space, you gotta use knock ons. If you do them correctly, the dribbler will sprint at just about his top off-the-ball pace, and you can stay in front of slower players.

It's more difficult this year to be sure but I still dust defenders with pacey forwards, so it can be done.
This is good. A few years ago folks complained that with the ball anyone faster than the defender would out pace him. Some will still blow by defenders with the ball but typically guys dribbling will not be faster than guys without unless they knock it forward to sprint, not dribble. Maybe we're zeroing in on some realism.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #13
Rookie

Patch is up.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #14
Rookie

It seems to me that the patch made the game with more fouls or it was just some random games that i had today? First time in +20 games that i had a free kick near the box and saw the direct fk tutorial! Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »