Home

Rebuilding a MLS Squad

This is a discussion on Rebuilding a MLS Squad within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Rebuilding a MLS Squad

So I asked this in a second part question in another thread but figured it would be better on its own. As i stated this is game is totally new to me. Heck, soccer is new to me. About 2 months ago, i went to a Atlanta United game, on a work function, kinda cool. I almost didnt go cause i thought it would be boring compared to football and basketball which i love. Well, i went cause it was free and was the best single thing i have ever done, i loved it. Then i bought this game and now im hooked on soccer and learning.

So i know the power leagues based on research but rebuilding a team in them seems easy. I kinda want to rebuild a team in the MLS into a great team. So im not gonna use ATL, Galaxy, DC or NY. I was thinkin of Montreal or Houston. So my question is this.

1. Who is a fun team to start with in the MLS thats not a powerhouse already in that league.

2. Second, although it seems my transfer budgets are all nice sized, it seems each time i use my budgets im in debt forever. For those with experience, what strategies do you all use to rebuild?

Im not very good, but getting better, played 5 times and starting on Semi-Pro. I did most of the tutorials and did well, except in passing, which i bombed. Any other tips and help would be amazing, thank you again for listening.

Last edited by Slyone14; 06-24-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rebuilding a MLS Squad

I follw the rule of the league and mls teams dont buy that many players

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-24-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Yes for an MLS team I'd think rebuild would be sell off your high priced players and build with youth (as you indicated in the other thread), consider loaning in players for the season who can make an impact but you know you won't keep for the following year. And prepare to be fired if your owner isn't that patient
Old 06-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Yes for an MLS team I'd think rebuild would be sell off your high priced players and build with youth (as you indicated in the other thread), consider loaning in players for the season who can make an impact but you know you won't keep for the following year. And prepare to be fired if your owner isn't that patient
Yeah, after reading all the bad things about MLS league in the game, i decided to go with Stoke City and Hamburg City. So far its much easier to maintain my budget. In Hamburg City alone im at 20 million positive. WHich is with using my transfer budget. Stoke City i made a purchase just now, so i was positive but im negative after buying Rafael Santos Borré.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #5
Rookie

The mls is fine but yoy can only do about 4 season but i put rules in place so my team doesn’t become op and makes it more realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2019, 06:53 PM   #6
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Im not very good, but getting better, played 5 times and starting on Semi-Pro. I did most of the tutorials and did well, except in passing, which i bombed. Any other tips and help would be amazing, thank you again for listening.
One thing I would recommend to newcomers from a gameplay perspective is to be patient in the box. Try to avoid poor shots just because you're in proximity. Take your time, set up interior passes from the wing and try to chain a few together inside the box. On Semi-Pro you'll be able to confound the keeper all day long.

Honestly, it probably took me years to get the grasp of this, but it totally works.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
One thing I would recommend to newcomers from a gameplay perspective is to be patient in the box. Try to avoid poor shots just because you're in proximity. Take your time, set up interior passes from the wing and try to chain a few together inside the box. On Semi-Pro you'll be able to confound the keeper all day long.

Honestly, it probably took me years to get the grasp of this, but it totally works.
Thats actually really great advice. Something i never thought of. I always get down there and rush. I will have to try to slow the game down. I play 10 minute halves so i do have the time. Im getting better, im terrible at crosses, so ill dribble around and pass to open a shot. My two weaknesses are passing and crossing.

What aggravates me sometimes, is theres games i cannot even get down field cause of the teams defense. It doesnt happen alot but some teams, i cant penetrate.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:46 AM   #8
MVP

I was looking at the Belgium Juplier League, Anyone have any thoughts on that league? Good or bad?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »