Home

Will Generic Players be Editable?

This is a discussion on Will Generic Players be Editable? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Will Generic Players be Editable?

Some of the prior FIFA 20 news involved further customization of Pro Clubs players, as well as managers in Career Mode.

Has anyone seen whether this will extend to Career Mode when it comes to generic players? They do a somewhat decent job of creating reasonable generic likenesses, but being able to edit all generics to make them even more accurate would be a huge improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Will Generic Players be Editable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Some of the prior FIFA 20 news involved further customization of Pro Clubs players, as well as managers in Career Mode.

Has anyone seen whether this will extend to Career Mode when it comes to generic players? They do a somewhat decent job of creating reasonable generic likenesses, but being able to edit all generics to make them even more accurate would be a huge improvement.

No, you still can’t edit player in career mode. In fact, editing players in career mode will be a pain this year. Volta might be the only reason I buy FIFA 20. Career mode is disappointing once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #3
Rookie

Tom0307's Arena

I can't for the life of me understand why you're not allowed to edit generic players. You can in PES so it can't be anything to do with licenses and even being able to just edit the regen youth players would be a start.

Why can't I change the name and appearance of a completely fictional player? Doesn't make any sense.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #4
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom0307
I can't for the life of me understand why you're not allowed to edit generic players. You can in PES so it can't be anything to do with licenses and even being able to just edit the regen youth players would be a start.

Why can't I change the name and appearance of a completely fictional player? Doesn't make any sense.

It's just ridiculous. The amount of incompetence the Career mode team shows every year is just unbelievable.
Even these little things which would probably be a 2-3 hour job for one of the devs is something they can't get done.
It drives me crazy! Imagine what a somewhat competent team could do with career mode if they'd just open it up for the community a bit so we can edit some stuff that EA messes up.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #5
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

You should be able to edit any player even real players (within certain limits). There's no reason to not be able to edit a fake player though... face, name, physical stats, kit and attributes all should be on the table. For real players be able to change attributes and kit setup. It goes without saying this would only extend to offline but who cares what I'm doing in my single player offline mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 01:31 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Don't get it, in Madden u can edit players. Why not in Fifa? As long they have UT there will no edit player option.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Tom0307's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by piffbernd
Don't get it, in Madden u can edit players. Why not in Fifa? As long they have UT there will no edit player option.
You can edit players in FIFA! In the main menu you can do this that and the other, and then in Career Mode it's all locked off! Why!
Old 08-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #8
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Because some dinosaur at EA really doesn't understand what their customers want and what customer service is. Things like that make me so mad. The FIFA community has asked them to open these features for career mode for years.
There is really no point to look them for offline modes! The Community could even fix a lot of the **** that EA isn't capable to do (faces, realistic player ratings & development, transfers etc.).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »