Home

FIFA 20 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 20 Demo Impressions

It was all quiet on the FIFA 20 demo announcement front, and then bam, it was...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I think the physicality is great, I just feel the fouls are limited because the slide tackles aren't effective enough to warrant using them.* I'm not saying I'm keeping clean sheets against World Class AI, but for the most part I'm able to defend effectively by just positioning my player well and anticipating which way the dribbler is going with the ball.* I occasionally use the slide tackle for playing the passing lanes, but I pretty much never use it for on-ball defense, so I never feel like I'm off balance or out of control, which is when most fouls happen.* You pretty much have to fool the CPU with your dribble to draw fouls, but it can be done.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #3
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 20 Demo Impressions

I like what they did with the crowd and associated sounds, but the game speed feels faster than ever before (or I'm aging faster). I really think FIFA would surpass PES if they'd put 95% of their focus on gameplay between releases.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I think the game speed is obviously slower from last year, if it stays that way at release (and beyond) I'll be thrilled.* You also have the option to use the slower game speed, if it's still too quick.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #5
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 20 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I think the game speed is obviously slower from last year, if it stays that way at release (and beyond) I'll be thrilled.* You also have the option to use the slower game speed, if it's still too quick.
Curious, have you played PES in recent years? That's the ideal game speed I wish FIFA would emulate; however, I know that won't happen because scores would be too low. And if that happens, the FUT crowd (aka "The Money Train") will be upset. The same thing happens ever year to AI defense...starts off great, but slowly gets dumbed down due to complaints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
Rookie

info0's Arena

OVR: 0
The game speed will be faster on game release as already the FUT crowd complained about it on demo/Game Changers presentation.
Gameplay on FIFA 20 demo felt exactly how FIFA felt in last few years. Boring, dull, predicatble and with lots of ping pong accuracy passing. Yes, gameplay is slower, but it doesn't really matter all that much does it? You can still string 95+ % accuracy passes with no issues lol.

The only thing FIFA has going for it is FUT. Volta is nice addition, but it won't become main thing. Plus it has* microtransactions. The atmosphere on stands/stadium and presentation are lush as usual though and I bow my head every time when I see it, but player models/faces are in my opinion of subpar quality when compared to Pro Evo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »