Home

FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 07:50 AM   #25
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

I played about 6 matches WC difficulty 10 minutes halves Slow speed and honestly can't see much difference between this year's version and last year's besides the slightly improved ball physics. I think defending is pretty bad this year (worse than last year IMO) with players just jogging and standing around while with almost no one even trying to mark it's really strange. Is anyone else seeing this? Also it is really easy to play a ball behind the defence or just get behind them all together. Will play more but I am a little disappointed in what I've seen initially.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 08:02 AM   #26
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Anyone else seeing a lack of fouls?
While there could still be more I'm seeing more fouls than I did last year. What really stands out to me are red cards. In three preseason tournament games I picked up two red cards for fouls that have never been red cards in FIFA. One of them I don't agree with, but I'd rather see harsh calls than no calls at all!
Old 09-20-2019, 09:39 AM   #27
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I played about 6 matches WC difficulty 10 minutes halves Slow speed and honestly can't see much difference between this year's version and last year's besides the slightly improved ball physics. I think defending is pretty bad this year (worse than last year IMO) with players just jogging and standing around while with almost no one even trying to mark it's really strange. Is anyone else seeing this? Also it is really easy to play a ball behind the defence or just get behind them all together. Will play more but I am a little disappointed in what I've seen initially.
Royce,

I feel the same way. It all feels similar to 19 to me and is like "Been there, done that". I am still getting the game for Pro Clubs but I am not seeing much differecne from last year except the ball physics as you said.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:42 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
The AI controlled defending is as bad as you’ll ever see in a FIFA game. I’m praying this is either not a final build, or we see a SIGNIFICANT day 1 patch. Will be diving in more this weekend, but early returns were actually unplayable for me...
Old 09-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I've been playing fifa since 11/12 and this must be the worst AI i've seen (although 18/19 are not exactly much better). Hop over to the new sliders thread for fifa 20 for some more footage and discussion.

If anyone has the trial and is not sure about buying or not it would be very wise to save some hours in order to check on the state of the game again after the first patch or two.

I just hope people reviewing the game will help the cause this year, because sadly this looks like the end of football games for me. Not that it's the end of the world, I'll be more than happy to return to older games.

Last edited by Chrisx; 09-20-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #30
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I actually liked the demo, but this feels better so far.* Pace seems a little slower and heavier, very noticeable difference between the bigger and smaller guys, both in speed and physicality.* The CPU is still attacking me in a variety of ways, and scoring some pretty sweet goals as well.* Not tons of fouls so far, but I've seen some and even a few cards so it's not a game breaker for me.

Looking forward to playing some more.* I'm really liking PES, but neither game is perfect and I can enjoy each for different reasons.* Hopefully that first couple of patches won't be too jarring for the game play.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #31
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

People are saying that CPU teams are still starting matches in Career Mode with their best players still on the bench. What happened to THIS? "Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches." That was copied straight from the Pitch Notes. Was this just a total lie?
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #32
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
While there could still be more I'm seeing more fouls than I did last year. What really stands out to me are red cards. In three preseason tournament games I picked up two red cards for fouls that have never been red cards in FIFA. One of them I don't agree with, but I'd rather see harsh calls than no calls at all!
The thing that I have realized about fouls is that you're never going to see the amount of fouls that you see IRL being that you are only playing a fraction of 90 minutes. If we saw a realistic amount of fouls then you'll be throwing your controller out the window.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »