Home

FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #33
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

I really enjoy FIFA every year, I really enjoy PES too. Both offer up different views of the beautiful game. Having said that, I'm pretty much fed up with EA removing FIFA game modes and features, all of which seem to be the ones I use the most for some bizarre reason:

+ Custom music/chants: Great for creating authentic stadium atmosphere. Gone.

+ EA Gameface: I used this religiously for player career. Gone.

+ Match of the Week: Great way to explore teams, leagues and rivalries I wasn't familiar with. Gone.

+ Creation Centre: Need I say more? Gone.

This year it's Single Player Seasons in FUT. Again, I enjoyed this mode for exploring leagues I'm not familiar with. Gone. I get it, EA needs room for new modes such as VOLTA, which I'm sure I will like since I loved FIFA Street. But for whatever reason it's always at the expense of other modes that I play the most. Maybe it's just me and no one else cares, maybe I'm just unlucky.

On the positive, I am really looking forward to checking out the Career Mode improvements. Having said that, I'm likely purchasing PES this weekend. If the game modes are hit and miss, and gameplay is equally important, I may end up on the other side this year.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:47 AM   #34
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I really enjoy FIFA every year, I really enjoy PES too. Both offer up different views of the beautiful game. Having said that, I'm pretty much fed up with EA removing FIFA game modes and features, all of which seem to be the ones I use the most for some bizarre reason:

+ Custom music/chants: Great for creating authentic stadium atmosphere. Gone.

+ EA Gameface: I used this religiously for player career. Gone.

+ Match of the Week: Great way to explore teams, leagues and rivalries I wasn't familiar with. Gone.

+ Creation Centre: Need I say more? Gone.

This year it's Single Player Seasons in FUT. Again, I enjoyed this mode for exploring leagues I'm not familiar with. Gone. I get it, EA needs room for new modes such as VOLTA, which I'm sure I will like since I loved FIFA Street. But for whatever reason it's always at the expense of other modes that I play the most. Maybe it's just me and no one else cares, maybe I'm just unlucky.

On the positive, I am really looking forward to checking out the Career Mode improvements. Having said that, I'm likely purchasing PES this weekend. If the game modes are hit and miss, and gameplay is equally important, I may end up on the other side this year.

Is there no single player in FUT at all now then? If so I wont even be bothering to check it out this year for the trophies. I only ever play FUT to get the easy trophies and then never touch it again that year. But if its online only that mod can **** right off.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #35
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
Is there no single player in FUT at all now then? If so I wont even be bothering to check it out this year for the trophies. I only ever play FUT to get the easy trophies and then never touch it again that year. But if its online only that mod can **** right off.
Oh no, there is totally still single player in FUT. It's Single Player Seasons that has gone missing, the mode where you can play (for example) a Serie B or League 2 schedule with your FUT squad to earn promotion to higher rankings. Now they're pushing you toward spending coins on FUT Draft or playing some eSports celeb's mega-squad, which I have literally zero interest in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 11:57 AM   #36
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Oh no, there is totally still single player in FUT. It's Single Player Seasons that has gone missing, the mode where you can play (for example) a Serie B or League 2 schedule with your FUT squad to earn promotion to higher rankings. Now they're pushing you toward spending coins on FUT Draft or playing some eSports celeb's mega-squad, which I have literally zero interest in.

Shows how much I know about FUT. I thought Single Player Seasons was the only single player mode. Its all I ever used. So if its gone, I wont even bother starting the FUT up even once this year.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #37
Rookie

face2face's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
The thing that I have realized about fouls is that you're never going to see the amount of fouls that you see IRL being that you are only playing a fraction of 90 minutes. If we saw a realistic amount of fouls then you'll be throwing your controller out the window.
Maybe a slider for referree strickness would solve the problem?
Old 09-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #38
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
I mainly sim my first season while I accumulate youth players. I'm using Salford or whatever the new League 2 team is.

After one season, I'm about as annoyed as I've ever been playing career mode.

I got promoted to league one via the playoff, and what do you think my job security score was? 70? 60?......I wish...it was 49, and I met EVERY EXPECTATION the board had.

Here's what happened: I got tired of dealing with all these player messages, so I ignored them. The board started saying ,"your locker room is falling apart. Agents are complaining."

That was after I BEAT Chelsea in the FA Cup! The players that were complaining, (this part really irked me,) were players that had singed a contract to play for a different team the next year. They were sending endless messages about minutes! Lmao! Seriously? They are leaving, how does the board penalize me for not playing them, or addressing their bickering in a message?

This may be one of my shortest years playing FIFA in over a decade. Heck, it may be the first time since the late 1990's I don't even buy the game. The yearly purchase has become second nature, but they went in a really funny direction.

I was so happy when they fixed getting fired by boards with itchy trigger fingers, but what they have done, is brought that back X's 1000 with the new messages. I got promoted, but because players leaving were sending me messages about play time, I end up with a 49 job score.....and that's with meeting all other expectations they laid out!

Hopefully this can be patched. The sad part, is the game play is really enjoyable this year so far. But, ea has to do something nobody wanted. It wouldn't be an EA game if that didn't happen.
W/o giving away too much (still working on my review) I'll say that CM has been a big disappointment IMO.

It sucks because it would be really fun to rebuild Chelsea around all their kids.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #39
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
W/o giving away too much (still working on my review) I'll say that CM has been a big disappointment IMO.

It sucks because it would be really fun to rebuild Chelsea around all their kids.
Every year I'm annoyed with the lack of attention career mode gets, but this year I'm just confused

Gaming is all about feedback loops. Playing in matches, obviously the feedback loop is the competitive nature, scoring, not scoring, etc. It drives you to say to yourself, "one more game."

What's the feedback loop for the messages? Do they make the player want to repeat the process over and over because it's enjoyable? Heck no.

Do they become a tool for the player? Not that I can tell.

They're a bunch of nonsense that seem to follow a logic, but ultimately don't. In the end, all the messages seem to be, are hundreds of things they put into the game to a) tell us they added a HUGE thing to career mode b) keep us doing something. They are the "busy work," of FIFA.

And I will say this again......Nobody has ever asked for this. Gameplay has improved, but what's the point of they ruined everything else?
Old 09-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #40

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

You know FM added a development path from the youth team to the senior team if that's what you're interested in

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »