Home

FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Has Arrived, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 11:59 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA

I was just terminated from my manager position......for offering a player too much money.

When I first read this I was thinking you were talking about real life and not the game. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 12:02 AM   #66
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 20 Trial Available For EA & Origin Access Subscribers, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
When I first read this I was thinking you were talking about real life and not the game. lol
Oh, I wouldn't be surprised by that. Can't pay high school kids, even if they're paid in Cheetos and Pokemon cards, lol.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #67
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
Career mode is just broken I see. Playing as Liverpool on Pro. City in the Community shield, 5-1 win. First PL game against Norwich at home, 0-2 loss. Chelsea in the Super cup, 5-1 win. Southampton away in the PL, 3-0 loss. Arsenal at home, 7-0 win. Burnley away, 4-0 loss. WTF is wrong with this games AI. Why is it yo-yo-ing between games like this. Its swinging from super easy, to you can't win no matter what you do because this is scripted and everything is going to go wrong for you. Its nonsense. I can't play this anymore.

There is no consistency between matches in difficulty or AI behavior. Let alone the ball physics still have the laser target lock crap in this mode where everything perfectly goes to the CPU team. And I've had all I can take of the errant passes for no reason. Two players 5 yards apart facing each other. No pressure at all. Tap the button, and its a wild pass the other player has to chase down which seems to be guided to an on rushing defender all the sudden who takes control. Its so infuriating.
Have you run into the floater ball doing in at the keeper, and instead of simply catching it, he punches it up into the air? Has happened to me repeatedly and it cost me at two goals, lol.

I also thought they fixed defending? It doesn't matter how wide you set your wide defensive coverage to in tactics, outside defenders turn their backs on the wings in the defensive 3rd. The wings just run in behind them.

Idk if it's because I'm using youth players or if it's the same nonsense from previous years.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:53 AM   #68
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
Well, I honestly thought after playing EA games for 20+ years I had seen it all.

I was just terminated from my manager position......for offering a player too much money.

18 year old (youth squad product,) CF Has Potential To be Special, 69ovr. He was getting paid 4k a week, I offered him 10k a week, plus a 50k signing bonus.

As soon as the cut scene was over, a message popped up saying I was terminated, because his salary was way more than other players on the team, LMAO!

Im in shock. Total shock.

If this isn't an example of why FIFA needs owner mode, I don't know what is, or turn firings off.

Happen to anyone else?
I've been asking for an option to turn off firings for as long as firings have been in the game. I despise it.

And you can turn it off in just about every other sports game (including EA's NHL and Madden).

I don't know what to do this year. Career Mode sounds completely ruined for me.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:14 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend

+ Custom music/chants: Great for creating authentic stadium atmosphere. Gone.
Do you mean that you don't get team specific chants in different stadiums any more?

No more YNWA at Annfield, etc?
Old 09-22-2019, 07:03 AM   #70
Pro

Got the trial and I def won't be buying it at this point...

The CPU playing their bench players is THE ultimate game killer for an offline player like me.

I started a season using Spurs....got to the Man City and Arsenal games, i.e. the two I was really looking forward to...and HALF the star players were left out.

Absolutely incredible oversight / bug...completely killed the game for me.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #71
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Got the trial and I def won't be buying it at this point...

The CPU playing their bench players is THE ultimate game killer for an offline player like me.

I started a season using Spurs....got to the Man City and Arsenal games, i.e. the two I was really looking forward to...and HALF the star players were left out.

Absolutely incredible oversight / bug...completely killed the game for me.
Just a heads up, if you have a second controller you can edit the CPUs lineup before the match (and then give control back to the CPU before kickoff).

It's obviously not a complete fix as the terrible logic seems to have an impact on simmed games as well, but just figured I should mention it.

It's supposed to be fixed with day 1 patch too I think, but... I mean, there are so many things that need to be fixed that I don't expect to be satisfied even after the patch.

I've never been this unenthusiastic about a FIFA release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 08:07 AM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
Just a heads up, if you have a second controller you can edit the CPUs lineup before the match (and then give control back to the CPU before kickoff).

It's obviously not a complete fix as the terrible logic seems to have an impact on simmed games as well, but just figured I should mention it.

It's supposed to be fixed with day 1 patch too I think, but... I mean, there are so many things that need to be fixed that I don't expect to be satisfied even after the patch.

I've never been this unenthusiastic about a FIFA release.
Good to know, thanks.
That will help for the actual games. Hopefully the patch fixes things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »