Home

FIFA 20 Review: A Yellow Card at Launch

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Review: A Yellow Card at Launch within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #9
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FIFA 20 Review: A Yellow Card at Launch

I will not be purchasing this game until the major CM bugs are fixed. Hell, I still have 6 hours left on my early access. That's how unplayable CM is at the moment.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:55 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Whoever edited this review did a great job!
Old 09-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #11
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0

Great review. Maybe the most frustrating thing for me is those of us who like single player, or realistic football, are apparently such a tiny minority that most FIFA fans wouldn't be able to relate to this review. It's terribly depressing seeing all the praise this game is getting from the FUT crowd, which is all EA clearly care about.

Unless EA decide to create two gameplays - one for FUT, one for single player - I don't see much reason for hope in the future. And there's slim chance of that ever happening. FIFA feels like it's totally moved on from single player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 11:23 PM   #12
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Aaaand I just bought PES. Thanks EA.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:29 AM   #13
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
What a fantastic review! Got FIFA on EA Access and thats where she'll be staying for some time!

PES! Where are you my lovely?*
Old 09-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #14
Rookie

BlitzkriegBlueLondon's Arena

I'm glad I made the decision to stop buying FIFA and EA games from this year on. Awesome review!
Old 09-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #15
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Nice review as always, KG. The starting 11 bug is a game killer for me. One thing you didn't get into is the "Edit Player" bug. For whatever reason, you can't edit/create a player to be a CM, LW, RW, CF, LWB, or RWB. Also, if you edit a player whose primary or secondary position is already one of those I just listed, the game changes their positions and you're not able to change it back. So, basically, "Edit Player" is totally broken.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #16
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I will not be purchasing this game until the major CM bugs are fixed. Hell, I still have 6 hours left on my early access. That's how unplayable CM is at the moment.
What I would do Jay D and anyone else who's on the fence is

1) either keep a few hours of the access trial up your sleeve until the game actually is fully released in hopes that there is a day 1 one patch

2) If you're on the fence (can't blame anyone for it), just buy the 10 hour trial for $10 and test it out post day 1 release.

Things "could" change gameplay wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Nice work, KG. I like including the video clips to illustrate your points. Sounds like EA is asking for video examples in their forums, so maybe this review will help in that regard. Also, that Willian FK scenario seems mighty familiar...
LOL

I was going to use one of your several questionable challenges to illustrate that foul detection is in there, it's just buried deep.

Yeah, I mean it takes 2-3x longer fo the review when I put those clips up BUT I think it helps people understand what I'm seeing in hopes that maybe EA sees the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Whoever edited this review did a great job!
he aight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Great review. Maybe the most frustrating thing for me is those of us who like single player, or realistic football, are apparently such a tiny minority that most FIFA fans wouldn't be able to relate to this review. It's terribly depressing seeing all the praise this game is getting from the FUT crowd, which is all EA clearly care about.

Unless EA decide to create two gameplays - one for FUT, one for single player - I don't see much reason for hope in the future. And there's slim chance of that ever happening. FIFA feels like it's totally moved on from single player.
Thanks Immortal!

M hope is that once the highly competitive FUT crowd stops beating up on the lower division folks, and they start playing similarly skilled players they'll start to complain about what the majority of us here see when it comes to defensing. I think they're overlooking it now because they're getting "results" and they care more about winning than the game's mechanics. We'll see though. I could be giving them too much credit ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
What a fantastic review! Got FIFA on EA Access and thats where she'll be staying for some time!

PES! Where are you my lovely?*
Thanks iverson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
Great review.

I swear EA has a meeting every year and they say, "ok, which year are we using? We're marketing defense this year, so let's go with the coding for 2015; it was the year before strafe dribbling. Next year we can use the 2016 coding. We will market towards offensive game play. Oh yeah, add in the street soccer with player customization. We can put a few old looking models in there, so the CM crowd can have a creatable manager."

Obviously they don't do that, but I wonder every year. Issues resurface, disappear, etc etc. It makes you wonder if they simply recycle iterations, market heavy, put it out, and we're none the wiser.

I've tried going back on this site and the ea site, to see how they marketed the game each year. It be interesting to see, but I can't ever get the info. This isn't the first year they used the buzz words they used. It's just a matter of how many years ago they used it.
Thanks Bears!

I don't think we'll ever see the marketing team NOT use catchy buzzwords but maybe they bit off more than the devs can chew? IDK, I'd like to believe that the devs will try to make this right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Nice review as always, KG. The starting 11 bug is a game killer for me. One thing you didn't get into is the "Edit Player" bug. For whatever reason, you can't edit/create a player to be a CM, LW, RW, CF, LWB, or RWB. Also, if you edit a player whose primary or secondary position is already one of those I just listed, the game changes their positions and you're not able to change it back. So, basically, "Edit Player" is totally broken.
Thanks CJ! Means a lot coming from a Pool fan lol.

Yeah, I wish I could get into EVERYTHING but there's just soooo much to look at in FIFA in terms of modes and unfortunately issues this yeah.

The crazy part is that I totally noticed that you cannot create certain positions because it wouldn't let me make a LW Pro for Pro Clubs, which is asinine. I was going to write a section for Pro Clubs and mention it there BUT my initial two experiences were like night & day. The first day I played Pro Clubs it was AWESOME. The AI was good going forward and at defending and the pace was perfect. Then we got promoted to Div 9 and we were like "wait, is this the same game?".

I'm going to post two videos of that experience once I get some time. It was really ODD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »