Home

Getting fired for offering contracts? Possible fix

This is a discussion on Getting fired for offering contracts? Possible fix within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Getting fired for offering contracts? Possible fix

I'm sure I'm not the only one running into getting canned for offering a player a contract.

I almost exclusively do "youth squad," career modes, and when I had to sign youth players before their initial 3yr contract ended, I would get fired.

The game would say something like ,"you have made players upset for giving a player too much money." I even tried letting the game itself sign the player by delegating the job. Apparently the game hates itself; fired again.

It seems like this only happens when I have gotten rid of all the "real players," I started with. My squad was full of youth players making $900 or whatever, and I needed to sign them to a real contract. Based on their over all rating, and "has potential to be special" tag, the contract I needed to offer was WAY more than any other player.

So, I figured I would try something. I resigned one of the original squad members that had the highest weekly wage. So far, when I try and sign my youth players, the game sees the wage of the original player, and I don't get fired. It seems to work so far. I've signed 2 players and haven't been fired.

The safest way to go about do it, would be to sign youth players to a new contract while there are a lot of original players on the squad. I've tried this route as well, and it worked. However, I don't know what happens down the road when all of the youth players have new contracts to get signed, and some want/deserve higher wages.

This is obviously a work around until it's actually fixed. Let me know if this works, or if you have better ways to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Getting fired for offering contracts? Possible fix

I've found a decent fix whereby you manually offer the youth player a contract and they will usually suggest a wage you should give to them. If not, offer them a low wage. Here's what's worked for me:
83 OVR: £8000 (with bonus, however he got glitched and was demanding for a new contract)
80 OVR: £2500
78 OVR: £1700
70 OVR: £1700

This was with Grimsby Town, mid-table in the Championship. Hope this helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »