Home

FIFA 20 PC & Mod Talk

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 PC & Mod Talk within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #1
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
FIFA 20 PC & Mod Talk

Okay attempt number 2 at creating this thread.

Lets talk about all the mods we can use on FIFA. I'm probably never going back to FIFA on console again unless something game changing comes along.

Some of the mods are just QoL stuff that should be baked in by default (editing everything about a player, an injury list, reversing stupid transfers) Then their are others that just make things 10x more realistic replacing generic teams, and leagues, graphic modifications. Just goes to show you how just a few simple things could turn FIFA into a great game instead of an a'ight game that we just tolerate.

So ladies and gentleman lets talk FIFA 20 Mods!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 10:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 20 PC & Mod Talk

You'll *probably* have better luck on Reddit and/or Discord.

I'd never disparage OS because these are generally my demo of people, but the audience here is quite small and if memory serves, leans quite heavily console.

In any case, I'll participate for sure.

Currently, I'm only running superficial mods and only started getting into this stuff because of you and Matt.

Back in 2014-2016, I used to use custom kits and even custom gameplay mods because the Ignite engine was insanely easy to mess with. Frostbyte took so long for mods to decrypt, but now that they have, I'm blown away by how strong the community is rallying around it with mods.

Here's what I started with in the last couple days:

Outfits / Boots - there's a mod that unlocks *everything* in the game and there are nearly 200 (TWO HUNDRED) sets of boots in this game but EA keeps them locked away because of licensing deals. It allows you to pick from tons of stuff for your player in the Edit mode. The same is true for editing your manager. This mod unlocks all the outfits that are in the game, including the stuff in Volta.

Custom Boots - I downloaded a dozen packs of boots. There are some really impressive efforts being made by texture makers.

Custom Camera - For anybody who watched me stream earlier, this is the most important mod from a gameplay perspective *by far* - it's a competitor to the GFX Mod's camera, but I like it better. The GFX Mod camera is awesome but the camera swings too much and gets me a little motion sick! The one I use is called CAMREAL and it allows for around 2x more latitude with height and zoom. Combined with Broadcast view, I think it's perfection. In years past, I've wanted so badly to use Broadcast but the limited field of view ruins it. With CAMREAL, I can make it exactly right.

Fantasy Kit - For the most immersive and geeky thing I've done with FIFA in years, I adapted a custom fantasy kit for Bristol Rovers that was made a dude called Arethiel. I changed the kit sponsor to a company that's based out of Bristol UK and I'm...in love. It looks amazing and Arethiel is quite literally one of the very few most important mod community people out there. His tutorials are fantastic.

The community on Discord is massive, over 7,000 members with ~400 active at any given time. https://discord.gg/DGP4YS2
Old 05-28-2020, 11:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Here are a few of the shots of my kit mods + a pair of custom Puma Para Mexico boots.

This is what my game looks like running the custom camera mod with Broadcast view set to a zoom of 0. I actually run it around 6 or 7, but this gives you an idea of how wide you can go. It's sublime.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am here to gawk and post my jealousy of you PC people. I am too uncool to have a good enough gaming PC (and not sure the Missus would allow) and a console. I will continue to lurk and lament at what FIFA could be.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:02 PM   #5
Rookie

https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/10399/

Don't be put of by the fact it's based on Cheat Engine, it's not really used to cheat (well you can do that too but that's only one of soo many functions, and you can only cheat in Career mode, no online cheating functions whatsoever).

I've used it since 2018 or so simply to do my weird thing of putting a female player in man's squads to play player career, but it also lets you fully control and edit different teams lineups, players stats and appearance, even lets you create transfers, just a ton of stuff. You don't need the patreon versions, he always posts them free after two weeks.

Oh yeah, and since it's mentioned above, it also lets you edit the zoom level of the cameras which i personally use to make Pro cam even closer, but you can also edit the normal cams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterry
I am here to gawk and post my jealousy of you PC people. I am too uncool to have a good enough gaming PC (and not sure the Missus would allow) and a console. I will continue to lurk and lament at what FIFA could be.
I'm on a 3750k with a gtx 770, you can get that setup used for 150 bucks prolly

Last edited by kirokiro; 05-29-2020 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #6
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Right now I what I've been testing is

The GFX Mod: The ultimate tier has a lot of good things but it changed the colors a bit so a noon game in direct sun looks washed out on system. Late afternoon or night games the pitch is amazing. Also it has some changes to the goal kick and penalty cameras I didn't care for. The Basic tier okay but a bit to basic it gives you a good idea of how the field can look though. Finally settled on the Full tier which looks the best to me the pitch looks great and super realistic and doesn't have the weird camera changes.

FIFA Infinity Patch 20: I'm loving this one. It adds so much. The Brazilian League had all real teams, kits and players, adds the Russian and Czech leagues and a ton of other teams. Juventus is modded back in, I believe it even adds the Club World Cup and CONCACAF tournaments to career mode and that's just a few of the things I remember off the top of my head.

Paul 2K4 Career and Gameplay Mods: The career mod I haven't spent a ton of time with but you can edit everything about a player real, regen or ya, see an actual injury list of your league reverse or make transfers as you see fit etc. The gameplay mod does something for fouls I want to say it will actually call them for running the length of the pitch and tugging on a jersey and the little tiki tak fouls don't result in a yellow card as often and of course other things I'm forgetting. I used the mod with the OS sliders and it felt yood might need to tweak somethings though.

RealCam: As was mentioned this makes the broadcast camera look beautiful I spent lot of time just messing around zooming and tilting the camera to get amazing views.

Looking forward to trying out some of the face and kit mods.

Oh here's a random game I played with the mods on looks a little weird but I was trying some different setting on my laptop.

https://youtu.be/oiRoPxFEfDc

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 05-29-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Paul 2K4 Career and Gameplay Mods: The career mod I haven't spent a ton of time with but you can edit everything about a player real, regen or ya, see an actual injury list of your league reverse or make transfers as you see fit etc. The gameplay mod does something for fouls I want to say it will actually call them for running the length of the pitch and tugging on a jersey and the little tiki tak fouls don't result in a yellow card as often and of course other things I'm forgetting. I used the mod with the OS sliders and it felt yood might need to tweak somethings though.
I am *very* interested in Paul's Career mode mod, but only if I can pick and choose which features to use. I really really really want the ability to edit players.

For example, I cannot STAND the lazy code in FIFA that gives Youth Players like 30-40 names per country so you start to see constant repeats and/or utterly nonsensical names. My first two recruits were Harrison Morgan and Connor Harrison. Gee, apparently there are lots of Harrisons in the UK!

Can I use Paul's mod to just do things like that? Change Youth Academy player names?
Old 05-29-2020, 02:26 PM   #8
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I'm not entirely sure all you can do but you can definitely change things about youth players. What things would you not want to use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I am *very* interested in Paul's Career mode mod, but only if I can pick and choose which features to use. I really really really want the ability to edit players.

For example, I cannot STAND the lazy code in FIFA that gives Youth Players like 30-40 names per country so you start to see constant repeats and/or utterly nonsensical names. My first two recruits were Harrison Morgan and Connor Harrison. Gee, apparently there are lots of Harrisons in the UK!

Can I use Paul's mod to just do things like that? Change Youth Academy player names?
Sent from a galaxy far far away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »