Home

Plenty of FIFA 21 Gameplay Details Revealed For Current-Gen Systems

This is a discussion on Plenty of FIFA 21 Gameplay Details Revealed For Current-Gen Systems within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #9
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 21 Gameplay Deep Dive

I'm hoping it works in the beginning and that we'll just have to avoid updating the game if and when they make changes. Nothing in the notes seem like anything FUT players would complain about but once someone finds an exploit or start complaining they'll for sure undo any positives.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 21 Gameplay Deep Dive

SEMI ASSISTED THROUGH BALLS . Sign me up.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-05-2020, 09:11 AM   #11
Banned

anyone else notice how the players float and glide on the football pitch? you can see it when they slow down the game play videos.

Last edited by Edgar_Nunez; 08-05-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #12
Banned

I'm sorry but eFootball PES is much more superior in animations and gameplay than Fifa is. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't know anything about soccer.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:02 PM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Plenty of FIFA 21 Gameplay Details Revealed For Current-Gen Systems

Lots of nice nuggets in there. Cancel foul advantage is a good one to eek out a few more FKs. I would usually try to shield or just lay off the stick but it didn't always draw a whistle. Also like the instant hard tackle, could come in handy for intentional fouling. Auto clearances could also be a real boon to defending. Hopefully reduces number of times a defender chests it down if they're not user controlled.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:16 AM   #14
MVP

Maybe Competitor Mode will finally be a way to bridge the difficulty gap between Legendary and Ultimate.

The hardest difficulty has always been too hard, but the second hardest has always been to easy. Hopefully Legendary difficulty + Competitor Mode will be the Goldilocks difficulty this year.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #15
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

After re-reading the part about the competitor mode I'm less enthusiastic about it now. It's not clear but it seems like the changes to AI will be based on feedback and behavior of "pro" FIFA players and not real world football tactics. Having more human AI sounds good on it's own but then you keep reading and it mentions aggressive passing and chaining skill moves. You rarely see skills moves used that often IRL and I don't even know what aggressive passing is but when paired with a "pro" FIFA player mentality it sounds worrying. I want more intelligent AI but not at the expense of it behaving like a "pro" who plays based on the "meta" or exploiting poor game mechanics. I posted a similar thought on the official forums looking for some clarification.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 08-09-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 07:14 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
It's not clear but it seems like the changes to AI will be based on feedback and behavior of "pro" FIFA players and not real world football tactics.
It is clear, that's what they are saying. Also in a different hands-on impressions article (bleacher report) they've written that the cpu does a skill move every few seconds in this mode.

That's fine, you don't have to use the option. But what is not fine for me is that the cpu will actively switch tactics to try to score or defend a lead in this competitor mode only. (Again it's in the pitch notes!).

The fact that this will be a thing in competitor mode exclusively is quite ridiculous. (And by extension only on the top difficulty level, since there's no competitor mode option if you play on world class or below). There is little point to any match in CM if the cpu does not use the tactical system to try and win! This has been a basic feature of football games for as long as we've had football games.

Last edited by Chrisx; 08-10-2020 at 07:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »