Home

Post-Patch FIFA 21 - Has It Improved After Two Major Updates?

This is a discussion on Post-Patch FIFA 21 - Has It Improved After Two Major Updates? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #9
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Post-Patch FIFA 21 - Has It Improved After Two Major Updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I'm having a hard time finding my difficulty offline this year.* I've been on World Class for many years now, in fact last year I finally played some matches on Legendary because I went on a WC winning streak and the game was shaming me into moving up.* I truly believed that the scripting was gone , I wasn't seeing those cheap stoppage time goals and really had zero rage fits I can recall off hand.* It was fun, better than PES 2020 in my opinion, even despite the player movement being so cringey at times.

This year World Class just seems to score sooo many cheap, BS goals, it has basically forced me to play Professional.* I'm still enjoying the game, just wish I could play a more formidable difficulty level without feeling like I'm being cheated, or having to constantly tinker with the sliders.* Tried full manual for awhile, hoping for a sweet spot between Pro and WC,* but ultimately found it to be too tedious and slow.
I just got the game recently. I use the OS Community sliders on legendary. (Haven't played FIFA since the '16 edition). I remember I played on legendary for '16 but so far after about 7 matches on 21, I am having a rough go at it. I have yet to try to play on world class but I fear it may be too "easy". I may have to just play on WC and like you, I just want to find a sweet spot.

I noticed I can't just sprint down the edges of the pitch with my fullback and cross the ball inside. And also that CPU blocks so many more shots before the ball even reaches the keeper. I am still willing to give it a try though.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:10 AM   #10
Rookie

Quakesfan's Arena

OVR: 0
I firmly believe that FIFA needs to have different game modes as in Madden like arcade, competitor, and simulation. That is the only way for EA to satisfy both online and offline crowds. Now that they have created competitor mode, and Madden has had that feature for a few years, there is no excuse...
Old 11-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #11
Rookie

In career manager mode, the manager still wears the team kit on the sidlines, when it is raining.

There was a time, many many years ago, when I found EA Sports games really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakesfan
I firmly believe that FIFA needs to have different game modes as in Madden like arcade, competitor, and simulation. That is the only way for EA to satisfy both online and offline crowds. Now that they have created competitor mode, and Madden has had that feature for a few years, there is no excuse...

Definitely. If only we can YouTubers/Game Changers to pitch that idea to EA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #13
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Its just amazing how the CPU Press destroys this game. When you play balanced tactic teams, its a good temp, a good game of football. When the CPU presses because they dont call fouls, its just the CPU going 100 miles an hour running your players over to get the ball and get a cheap goal. That has to be fixed, FIFA has to do a better job of recreating presses in single player games. It hasnt changed in years or they need to get a foul sensitivity like every other sports game. . That simple
Old 11-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #14
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Most years i've been able to find a way to play this game. This game is broken. Mids not tracking is a huge problem, but i found a way to over look it. Scripted games......just ridiculous.
The games that AI decides i should lose; my players will take a few steps in the wrong direction while defending, passing forward looks like i'm hulk (over passing everyone) or a baby (the pass only going half the distance/speed it should) and i'm on assisted passing!, every shot the CPU makes is a goal, every shot i make is easily saved.
If the AI decides i should/will lose a game, just light it up and i will sim it. No reason to get my BP up and strongly consider destroying my controller. I'm not the type to say that "i won't buy another ea title again", but here i am.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:05 AM   #15
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

No, it has not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
No, it has not.

Well, one could argue, that "improved" can mean a lot of things, when you start with a complete wreck.
In that sense, it has improved somewhat.
But it is still broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »