Home

Will EA ever fix the lack of CPU fou!s ?

This is a discussion on Will EA ever fix the lack of CPU fou!s ? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10
Will EA ever fix the lack of CPU fou!s ?

It's getting to the point that it they don't rip out a lot of the coding and rebuild the AI from the ground up its never going to get better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Will EA ever fix the lack of CPU fou!s ?

I'd like to see more as well.

The good news is I've had 3 penalties in 3 games and that's 3 more than I had in PES in 3 years. lol
Old 12-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

For career mode, this is simply the worst edition of Fifa I have ever played.
I don't know, if it works for other modes of play. But for career mode, it is unplayable. There are so many things wrong with it, which make it unrealistic, it is a joke.

The suggested slider set makes it a little bit better, but this game cannot be saved by these changes.

I don't want to list all of the problems, but from the CPU always running the same undefendable plays, which would never work in real football to the midfielders on my own team, who look like they make a vertical run into an open space, and then stop all of a sudden, when I play a through pass into that space, to the center striker always either hiding behind defenders or running offsides, it looks just like this game has been developped and programmed by people who have never seen a real football game.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'd love to see more but I'm seeing some on next gen with Matt10's slider set and team sheet edits.

You could also always go the PC route where there are gameplay mods that significantly increase the fouls.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #5
Just started!

I want to love this game! Animations are brilliant. The green grass on a sunny matchday, the Fan Choreos and all the ambiance, the immersion could be so complete. Dirty Jerseys from players, all great looking. One thing i always wanted to be good are the real time commentaries and banter during gameplay from the hosts and co's. The evolution from Fifa96 or France98 to here is frigging mind boggling. I like to play career Mode on Worldclass, and i like to hang in my Game Sofa relaxed, but i found myself soon sitting up in aggro Mode on the edge of the Sofa. I mean, after 50-100 hours of play, you usually have a steep learning curve and with sliders you can balance the game to a level which you can enjoy it but still have a challenge. But holy f... Is it just me, or does some1 encounter the following fine nuances while playing against the Computer? (i cant adapt to the word AI, cause this is far away from an intelligent opponent)

- When the AI tackles, it does feel more like a pass. As the ball usually travels nicely to the AI's team mate. The tackles are never wrong, never late, more or less always spot on.
- Air Balls, long Balls, Air 50-50. I somehow feel that the AIs player usually is better with taking down an air ball, or controlling a loose ball, is somehow always some frames ahead of me. When my player manages to control and get an air ball, it still happens that the AI snatches it miracolously away on hip high or with a nice spin
-Crowded fights midfield. When several players fighting for the ball within small space, i can shield the ball, trying to go for it, but somehow, the AI player is much quicker and has enormous flexibility to win balls in tight spaces
-50-50 Headers. When i miss a 50-50 fight for a ball. My recovery frames take much longer, same for when my player goes down, takes lots more frames to get back up while the AI does it with fantastic speed
-My tackling seems to be much more inefective. Ai players only gets to stumble but is able to control the ball. My tackled ball usually never goes to my player, direction of the tackle sometimes random
-Interceptions. I dont even want to start here. Baseline is that my general feel is that even if i play an average better team that i am never able to intercept passes, shots and slide into passing lanes on this very level.

Why do they do this????

Regards
T
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2020, 02:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRex
but i found myself soon sitting up in aggro Mode on the edge of the Sofa.

This is exactly, what this game does to me as well.
I didn't quote all the details you added, but yes, yes and yes.
I could bring up about 20 more points which bring out aggro mode in me, probably the worst being that pressing CPU players can shoot and score, when it looks like my defender has control of the ball.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #7
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

I think also the same way CPU attacks and defends leads to it. Pressing is just the CPU on Turbo running your players over and on attack the CPU never crosses...someone really needs to explain that to me
Old 12-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #8
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

We would see a few more fouls if the ref would just stop giving warnings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »