Home

FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details

So we've touched upon the reveal trailer and the information relating to what was showcased here....

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2021, 07:20 PM   #2
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Another fun write up KG! Out of these, I'm most intrigued by ball physics. There's a lot of weird stuff that still happens (can't stand the artificial ball bounce they introduced) but will the ball feel truly free, less magnetized to feet, and will passing be made a more enjoyable part of the game?*

I couldn't agree more about explosive sprint. For me though, what's most intriguing is will this mean an overhaul of pace/sprint in general? There's a ton of discontent, rightly so, about how slow defenders are compared with attackers and once again this past year pace was too important. In the real game, acceleration is just as, if not more important, at the elite levels - is this a refocus on acceleration/explosiveness? Would love that if it's done right.

Keeper improvements sound great, but honestly as long as the near post issue is fixed I'll be crazy happy. Updated tactics could be super impactful as well, but I worry why they only mention attacking tactics. EA has a habit of upgrading attacking play without compensating appropriately with the needed defensive improvements.

Really looking forward to more news and more writeups!
Old 07-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #3
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details

EA *normally* says the right things before launch. Even the beta, demo, & early access feels pretty good for the most part.

It's the 2-3 patches that come early in the cycle that always seem to revert back to pace and skill move abuse meta because that's where the goals come from. EA would **** bricks if their esport was all 2-1, 1-0, 3-2 matches that were decided by tactics and knowledge of the sport rather than being able to pull off a fighting game combination that ends in a goal.

Side note, Pro Clubs should be the esport, just needs some microtransactions added.

Maybe one day FUT will be standalone and we can get a decent club/single player experience. A guy can always hope, right?

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Old 07-15-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
Let me preface what I'm about to say by stating that I love soccer, video games, sports video games, and soccer video games specifically and have been playing FIFA since the Genesis and played many iterations of the Konami game as well (not to mention Football Manager and other soccer games). I have never been more disappointed in a FIFA game than I was with last years version. The focus of shifting gameplay towards e-sports and online play is fine in THOSE MODES, but in single player career it was a complete disaster.

Simply put, if I play a match in FIFA 22 with Chelsea and I watch N'Golo Kante stand around and ball watch from about fifteen yards away as S****horpe pass the ball around in my attacking third like the soccer version of the god damn Harlem Globetrotters, I'm going to lose my mind.*

EA, PLEASE have your AI teammates intervene in some capacity. I don't need them winning the ball for me, but at least move towards the ball and attempt to impact play. Why you lot decided to go backwards with the AI will never make sense to me. What happened to your motto... If It's In The Game??? Please, PLEASE tell me this is fixed in FIFA 22.

Thank you
Old 07-15-2021, 11:40 AM   #5
Rookie

I still can't understand why they can't have to seperate gameplay options. (well I do understad, it's because of greed and EA being EA.).

Have FUT play like an arcade E-sport chaotic piece of mess with insane scorelines to make them happy. And then have a realistic career mode with a totally changed gameplay experience. Make it play like real football should be played. If they really wanted to, they could easily make this happen and please both fanbases, but of course not, why would they. Why would they do anything the right way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by longway911
EA, PLEASE have your AI teammates intervene in some capacity. I don't need them winning the ball for me, but at least move towards the ball and attempt to impact play. Why you lot decided to go backwards with the AI will never make sense to me. What happened to your motto... If It's In The Game??? Please, PLEASE tell me this is fixed in FIFA 22.

Thank you
This is the thing - the AI doesn't need to win the ball or really do very much at all defensively. They just need to hold the shape of the formation, press/contain, and track runs. Winning the ball should still be on the user.
Old 07-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #7
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
This is the thing - the AI doesn't need to win the ball or really do very much at all defensively. They just need to hold the shape of the formation, press/contain, and track runs. Winning the ball should still be on the user.
I would go a half-step further and say that winning the ball should include retaining possession.

Too many times I've played solid defense, won a tackle, and the ball ends up in a better attacking position than before. My CBs have played better through balls to the opposition via tackle than my opponent could ever dream of making!

I realize these things happen from time to time, but in this game it's the majority.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Old 07-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
If I had to choose between*FIFA‘s tactics or*PES‘ tactics, I’d choose*FIFA‘s every day. Not only are there more of them, but the way the AI players don’t strictly adhere to*FIFA‘s preset tactics is much better overall.*
Im sorry with all due respect* @Mr Kevin Groves this is just not true.*

Fifa has 4 attacking and 4 defencding tactics:*
- Long ball \ Drop Back
- Fast Build Up \ Constant Pressure
- Possesion* \ Press after Heavy Touch
- Balance \ Balance

PES has 10 attacking tactics and 10 defending tactcs as well as general team instructions.*

Last edited by benni...; 07-15-2021 at 02:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »