Home

FIFA 22 Gameplay Improvements and Changes Detailed - New Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 Gameplay Improvements and Changes Detailed - New Gameplay Trailer within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2021, 02:33 PM   #9
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 Gameplay Improvements and Changes Detailed - New Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints0221
So, am I correct in assuming PC will have some sub standard version to PS5? If so, dislike.
Correct. PC is in the cold.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-01-2021, 03:31 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn

i still didn't get it, what's the actual difference ?! The 400 animations?!

They are seriously progamming 2 different kind of 'engines', wasting Manpower, time&money so pc-players with low pc specs can play Fifa22 in Year 2021/22 with a CPU from 2010?! I am the only who thinks this sounds kinda weird? Probably Sony&Microsoft payed some high ca$h to have exclusive Features on Consoles....wouldn't be the first time!

But that said, if the gameplay is good, i will buy fifa22 AKA pay 3,99€ on subscription someday in 2022.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #11

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

The teammate contain stamina thing cracks me up. Yet another feature added specifically because online is all about trying to break/exploit the game to win. Competitive FIFA is an ugly place lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2021, 12:02 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn

Good thing I've just downloaded v3 of virtuaRED on pes 21 with Holland's gameplay.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-02-2021, 03:25 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
The teammate contain stamina thing cracks me up. Yet another feature added specifically because online is all about trying to break/exploit the game to win. Competitive FIFA is an ugly place lol.
This will always be the case with every competitive game environment. I don't see how it can be any different. If there's something the game allows you to do that gives you an edge, you're going to do it when there is something on the line and you're not just playing for fun.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:59 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnz
I don't think this is entirely fair, "realism" isn't the goal, otherwise you'd typically need to play a 90 minute game to ensure most games don't end up 0-0. Foul and card counts aren't going to align with games either, and whilst they want the frequency of goals to be higher than "realism" so people can actually play a 10-20 minute match and score some goals, I don't think its desirable to increase fouls and cards in the same way. I'm sure there is some room for improvement, but you can't compare with "real" games unless you're playing a 90 minute game in FIFA.
Well the game in question did finish 5-2. No one would complain about lack of excitement if it was 2-2 and had a few more fouls, lol. But anyway what you're saying sounds like a good argument if all you've experienced is fifa in recent years. But we've had plenty of good football games in the past (both fifa & pes) that managed to play a 10 minute match, complete with fouls and a midfield. So it can be done. The problem is that fifa is complete trash since it went full e-sport.

In any case I don't care at all about FUT or e-sports, a good offline game with defending and more fouls should be an option, we can play longer matches offline after all. But if it isn't an option, I'll happily spend another year not bothering with Fifa.

Last edited by Chrisx; 08-02-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:34 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Their FUT audience understands "special abilities with a cooldown timer!", so fifa is becoming fortnite. They do not understand that there is a natural risk/downside to using 2 players to close down 1 opponent, which should keep you from abusing pressure.

That's like balancing tackles by limiting you to 1 tackle/minute. It's truly a joke of a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2021, 07:41 AM   #16
Rookie

The same goes for the new explosive sprint, having a 'time-limit' to avoid abuse. Yeah, right LOL. Why they don't do it in RL soccer then?! Because it's simply not easy to outsprint an opponent close to you, he either chases you instantly and slows you down or makes a tactical foul.

None of these 2 options are properly implemented in FIFA, the aggressive body fights which you see in every RL-match, fighting with elbows and their body weight and muscles is almost non-existent from the AI-Side....and because of this, there is also a lack of fouls. It's not just the AI doesn't SlideTackle you at all.

AFAIR, only derbys had a decent amount of fouls in any recent FIFA's.

Talking about realistic Scores in a 10 minute match compared to RL. It's kinda right, you need more openings in a shorter match (not just a bad goalie), otherwise the game suffers the same problem PES always had, the matches always ended with zero or 1-2 goals giving unrealistic scores in a 15 minutes match because every AI played like Barcelona on higher difficulties. The same in FIFA21, the AI has ballpossession of 60-70%, even the smallest teams on higher difficulties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »