Home

FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2021, 02:46 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers

Playing on PS4 and I have to admit the game plays much better than I expected. After adjusting only a few sliders the gameplay becomes less robotic and much more unpredictable.

Having a blast playing with two low/middle table Premier League teams and seeing scores of 4-2, 1-1, 0-0, 2-1. Great goal variety by the AI and the teamate defenders are not completely useless like last Fifa. I am even playing with tactical defending, something that i always hated.

My only concern is that they may patch the game and make the defense dumb again because of FUT players complains.

The only adjustments i made to the sliders were:

(for both Human and CPU)
Pass error: 60
Shot error: 60
Pass speed: 40
GK ability: 40
First Touch error: 100

Playing on World Star and slow speed.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #34
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Maybe somebody can help me out with this...
I have Origin but I usually buy FIFA via CDKeys. Always a better deal. But if I pay for a month of EA Play to get 10 hours of the game right away, and the 10% off buying the game, I can only get the loyalty discount on the more expensive version of the game? Not just the standard? So...here's a 10% discount and now we're gonna charge you the 10% in a more expensive version of the game?

Am I right?
I've had EA play since the beginning of it and I'm pretty sure I get 10% discount on every EA game any version of the game. I haven't bought Fifa yet as I can't seem to even find the standard version on the ps5 store. When I go to what I'm pretty sure is the standard version there is no option to buy just play trial so I figured I'd do it once my 10 hours are done. So unfortunately I couldn't even look to see if it's discounted.

Honestly though, unless it just changed I'm pretty sure every version gets the discount.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:13 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I've had EA play since the beginning of it and I'm pretty sure I get 10% discount on every EA game any version of the game. I haven't bought Fifa yet as I can't seem to even find the standard version on the ps5 store. When I go to what I'm pretty sure is the standard version there is no option to buy just play trial so I figured I'd do it once my 10 hours are done. So unfortunately I couldn't even look to see if it's discounted.

Honestly though, unless it just changed I'm pretty sure every version gets the discount.
Hmm.. ok. I'm looking at Origin here in Canada and the only one I see with a 10% discount is the loyalty Edition which is 10 bucks more expensive.

So that would suggest you can do the doubling up of 10% on EA Play and the loyalty discount but ONLY by buying the more expensive version. Right?

Last edited by tinpanalley; 09-23-2021 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
Not gonna lie - it is a vast improvement on FIFA 21, especially in the positioning of players and the general distribution of bodies on the pitch and how they cover space.*

That said, it is still marred by questionable physics, jerkiness and ugly animations.*

Positives:
+ Excellent positioning of players
+ A sense of unpredictability (it feels more like football). Lots of scrappy battles.*
+ Good coverage from midfielders
+ Lob passing (when on assisted) looks very realistic - not so when on manual
+ It has a feeling of weight about it
+The ball looks like it's the right size (finally)
+ the lighting looks much brighter / sharper*
+ Some new goal keeper animations
+ Player faces have improved in both likeness and skin lighting*

Negatives
- Sliding / skating animations
- The jerkiness in movement is still very much present
- Headers look way too overpowered
- Player models look very similar and cartoonish (this is where PES has had a massive advantage). If I play on a distant camera angle, I cannot distinguish or tell who the players are
- Lob pass looks weird when on manual - it looks like a kind of a chip*
- Switching is very frustrating. It very rarely switches to the right player - especially on defence.
- Lack of licences is unforgivable for a FIFA game
- There is a sense of staleness about the game. They really need to smooth out those jerky animations*
- Whilst the light is brighter / sharper, there is a sense of arcade / cartoon about the whole thing. It looks more of a video game than before (if that makes sense).*
It's the jerky animations and flow of game that make it impossible it get into.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-23-2021, 03:34 PM   #37
Rookie

I don't know what this is - but it isn't football. Where to begin - too many negatives to go into them all. EA puts out all this marketing material but in the end almost none of it is implemented. If they implemented even half of the laundry list they published pre-release then you would think it would feel and play totally different from 21 but it doesn't. And where are all these additional 3500 animations they promoted- I see the same ones I've always seen.

This feels almost exactly like 21 with a little better positioning. The AI ping pongs the ball around like everyone is Messi. There is zero difference when playing AI controlled Teams. You might as well just have it as Red versus Blue because everyone has the same passing, shooting, dribbling, and defensive skills. None of the teams or players feel different.

Animations are way too twitchy - looks like a game put out 10 years ago. In fact Fifa 18 looks a lot more realistic. 22 is a cartoony mess with no weight or substance to the player models. They feel like they are made of balsa wood. It also feels like everyone and everything is connected by rubber bands. Nothing feels open or free. The ball is part of the player and not a separate object, etc and so on.

The passing is the same mess that's been in the game for 10 years. A glaring example is hitting a driven pass at full velocity because you want to hit a player at distance but instead the driven pass goes to someone 5 yards away. I mean come on. This is simple coding logic that after 10 years still isn't implemented. What is even more ridiculous is instead of the ball ricocheting off the 5 yard guy because you blasted it - they just control it normally.

The AI totally abuses the lunging tackle they put in a couple years ago and now it's even worse because they couple that with this new ridiculous speed burst to make insane perfect tackles especially when you get around the box. They just warp blast into your player and take the ball - no penalty of course. That lunging tackle is supposed to be risk/ reward but the AI executes it to perfection with zero regard to the player's defensive ratings. And the constant blocked shots - really? I've seen guys have more blocked shots in one game than they would have in a total season.

Shots and passes just don't look or feel real. The look like the same video game stuff we've seen forever. I just don't see the real world trajectory they hyped. Crosses and play in the air like headers feel the same as they always have - very poor logic dictates the outcome.

Human players drift offside all the time no matter how good the player is while AI players rarely get called. And I say get called because I've seen them be offside by more than 5 yards receive a pass and score. That doesn't happen all the time but it's glaring when it does.

I don't think 21 or 22 looks or feels next generation at all. I didnt like 20 but I put it in to compare and it's actually a lot smoother. It still has the other issues of course.

Well that's enough. I'm just not a fan.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #38
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Hmm.. ok. I'm looking at Origin here in Canada and the only one I see with a 10% discount is the loyalty Edition which is 10 bucks more expensive.

So that would suggest you can do the doubling up of 10% on EA Play and the loyalty discount but ONLY by buying the more expensive version. Right?
I'm in Canada as well. I'm not sure about origin. I had bought the premium origin for the year that was $100 because I until this year as I've switched to ps5 till PC goes next gen. So it could be an origin thing. Ps network looks to be 10% off every version. It might have to do with the monthly subscription as well. I get the yearly one on ps5. Maybe they don't want people signing up for a month and getting the discount and quitting so they only put it on the more expensive versions. I dunno I'm guessing here lol
Old 09-23-2021, 09:57 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemuscle
I don't know what this is - but it isn't football. Where to begin - too many negatives to go into them all. EA puts out all this marketing material but in the end almost none of it is implemented. If they implemented even half of the laundry list they published pre-release then you would think it would feel and play totally different from 21 but it doesn't. And where are all these additional 3500 animations they promoted- I see the same ones I've always seen.

This feels almost exactly like 21 with a little better positioning. The AI ping pongs the ball around like everyone is Messi. There is zero difference when playing AI controlled Teams. You might as well just have it as Red versus Blue because everyone has the same passing, shooting, dribbling, and defensive skills. None of the teams or players feel different.

Animations are way too twitchy - looks like a game put out 10 years ago. In fact Fifa 18 looks a lot more realistic. 22 is a cartoony mess with no weight or substance to the player models. They feel like they are made of balsa wood. It also feels like everyone and everything is connected by rubber bands. Nothing feels open or free. The ball is part of the player and not a separate object, etc and so on.

The passing is the same mess that's been in the game for 10 years. A glaring example is hitting a driven pass at full velocity because you want to hit a player at distance but instead the driven pass goes to someone 5 yards away. I mean come on. This is simple coding logic that after 10 years still isn't implemented. What is even more ridiculous is instead of the ball ricocheting off the 5 yard guy because you blasted it - they just control it normally.

The AI totally abuses the lunging tackle they put in a couple years ago and now it's even worse because they couple that with this new ridiculous speed burst to make insane perfect tackles especially when you get around the box. They just warp blast into your player and take the ball - no penalty of course. That lunging tackle is supposed to be risk/ reward but the AI executes it to perfection with zero regard to the player's defensive ratings. And the constant blocked shots - really? I've seen guys have more blocked shots in one game than they would have in a total season.

Shots and passes just don't look or feel real. The look like the same video game stuff we've seen forever. I just don't see the real world trajectory they hyped. Crosses and play in the air like headers feel the same as they always have - very poor logic dictates the outcome.

Human players drift offside all the time no matter how good the player is while AI players rarely get called. And I say get called because I've seen them be offside by more than 5 yards receive a pass and score. That doesn't happen all the time but it's glaring when it does.

I don't think 21 or 22 looks or feels next generation at all. I didnt like 20 but I put it in to compare and it's actually a lot smoother. It still has the other issues of course.

I played the 10 hour ea. It feels like you are playing ice hockey. Unplayable

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-23-2021, 10:19 PM   #40
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemuscle

What system are u playing on? I'm playing on ps5 and having a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »