Home

EA roster update 5

This is a discussion on EA roster update 5 within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA roster update 5

It doesn't matter when update 5 comes out because it'll be filled with errors. Most players will be still on incorrect teams and most CHL/Euro grads will still be missing.

EA's hands are tied in this matter. It's all about legal issues.

All AHL players must sign a PHPA to be represented in game, and they sign at their leisure.

Last year, the most accurate roster didn't come out until late March. Now the lockout may have had something to do with that, but I wouldn't expect a passable update until after the new year.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
It doesn't matter when update 5 comes out because it'll be filled with errors. Most players will be still on incorrect teams and most CHL/Euro grads will still be missing.

EA's hands are tied in this matter. It's all about legal issues.

All AHL players must sign a PHPA to be represented in game, and they sign at their leisure.

Last year, the most accurate roster didn't come out until late March. Now the lockout may have had something to do with that, but I wouldn't expect a passable update until after the new year.
Which is where EA is the one that got themselves in over their head. I am tired of EA corporate policy turning everything around to it's too hard or it's probably your'e fault consumer. If EA can't edit rosters in one week ,which BTW is the job of the roster guys at EA, then what do we pay 60 bucks for. For them to just get defensive when the community asks for something and mad. F EA in the A with a Giant 5ft D. Sick of hearing people defend a lazy corporation that drags it's feet on a roster update because in the end it won't pay out like a new HUT pack does every week. Don't defend EA they chose to add all of the leagues they can't update, ok then at least keep the NHL up to date with draft picks and player trades like I don't know big ones such as Moulson and Vanek. They will put up pictures all over Facebook of the new jerseys and I bet they even have HUT cards made. But have they updated the GM rosters no, Because EA wants s spending money on HUT.

Last edited by onac22; 11-01-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Assuming the NHL team has at least a few people whose sole responsibility it is to update, track, and develop the rosters for this game I find it extremely frustrating that the NHL team cannot put out weekly roster updates. It’s one thing that the team took away the ability to fully edit players; which is a disaster for someone like me who only plays offline dynasties, but then to not provide accurate roster updates in a timely manner? That’s just plain unacceptable in my opinion. I love the game and have a ton of fun playing it but for someone like myself; who uses the game solely for the offline simulation experience, seeing things like accurate rosters and full player customization give way to HUT crap, connected careers (which is just plain stupid in my opinion), and other things I would consider gimmicks is extremely frustrating.

Last edited by Peter_nincompoop55; 11-01-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

those last 2 post are AWESOME. I've always said they should allow roster sharing like MLB The Show.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

how do you download these updates there not anywhere to download online or in download roster update?

latest update says roster update 4?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #14
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpun23
how do you download these updates there not anywhere to download online or in download roster update?

latest update says roster update 4?
#5 hasn't been released yet. Don't get this update confused with the Dynamic Ratings Update, they are different.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm in Québec city and it's now even possible to think about starting an offline dynasty with a CHL team...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

anyone know when the next roster update is coming out it been a month already with no update

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »