Home

Time to trade in NHL 08??

This is a discussion on Time to trade in NHL 08?? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 31
Time to trade in NHL 08??

I hadn't played NHL for about a month and a half.....hmm why would I since I've grabbed a bunch of other games to play on my Ps3...

Mainly GTA IV, HSG4, MLB 08 The Show, Call of Duty 4..Mario kart for the Wii...plus ongoing fun with Rock band...

So the game trades in for 17.00 here in Canada at EBGames...so thats pretty good for a sports game this late in the year....NHL 09 hits in september..so its about 3 months and a little away.

I played online last night....i strictly played this game online (over 550 games played) so I got my moneys worth.....pretty much every guy i played last night was a goal exploiter/glitcher type player....

So do you think its time to say goodbye and count the days till 09....praying they only make small leaps forward instead of giant leaps back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Time to trade in NHL 08??

I sold my copy earlier this week (Got $30 on Ebay for it). I wanted to stick with it until 09 came out but it eventually got too easy. I still got my money's worth as I've played around 300 games total in a couple of dynasties. In 07 I couldn't get through a full season before it became way too easy so this year was nice as I finished a full season in one dynasty and didn't even win the cup as I lost in 7 games in the Finals.

I started playing 2K8 again as I hadn't touched it in 5 months and the change of pace is quite refreshing. I'll probably get both again this year, provided 2K9 comes out. NHL 09 seems like a no brainer after the enjoyment I got from 08 and I'm very curious to see what VC does with the 2K series now that Kush is gone.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I sold my copy earlier this week (Got $30 on Ebay for it). I wanted to stick with it until 09 came out but it eventually got too easy. I still got my money's worth as I've played around 300 games total in a couple of dynasties. In 07 I couldn't get through a full season before it became way too easy so this year was nice as I finished a full season in one dynasty and didn't even win the cup as I lost in 7 games in the Finals.

I started playing 2K8 again as I hadn't touched it in 5 months and the change of pace is quite refreshing. I'll probably get both again this year, provided 2K9 comes out. NHL 09 seems like a no brainer after the enjoyment I got from 08 and I'm very curious to see what VC does with the 2K series now that Kush is gone.
Nice $30 bucks on Ebay is nice...the game was 39.99 when i bought it....I've thought for a long time of putting up my Ps2 slim, 2 guitar hero guitars and the GH1 and GH2 game on ebay...but I've never sold anything on there.....is it difficult? PM me man with the details ....i dont know much about Ebay at all.

I know 09 should be good again...at worst if its not i'll just go without a hockey game. Did for a long time until this year.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

$37.50 trade credit through Goozex.com last night. Within 30 minutes of listing last night someone requested it.

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 05-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182
$37.50 trade credit through Goozex.com last night. Within 30 minutes of listing last night someone requested it.
Your a member there I gather...how does that work?

Im thinking its a good time of year to dump this game if I just don't feel its gonna get much play time before 09 gets closer and closer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Your a member there I gather...how does that work?

Im thinking its a good time of year to dump this game if I just don't feel its gonna get much play time before 09 gets closer and closer.
It's pretty sweet. Basically you list your library of games that you are willing to part with. Another member requests the game and you ship that game to them. Once you ship it you receive points which you can in turn use to request a game of your own. It is a little slow at first because you need to receive feedback on your first two trades before the points transfer to your account. Once you get those two trades out of the way then things go smoothly.

The only thing you need to pay for is basically the trades themselves. They are $1 each, but if you buy them in bigger quantities they are less than $1. The forum over there is really helpful in explaining how things work too.

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 05-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
MVP

After playing a bunch of games this weekend....I have decided....this one is being trade in for sure....no reason to hold on to this one at all.

I only play it online.....and online play is just left with the exploiters and glitchers Ps3 version. I played a night of games and most everyone had to be det or pitsburgh and id say 85% of the games I played i just quit as the guy I played was a complete glitch goal scorer.

Praying they don't mess up the momentum for 09!

They better bring back making your own Playoffs....id love to see that online and offline!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
Banned

Pierzynski 12's Arena

OVR: 8

Get NHL 04 for now. It has a playoff mode and the game is solid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »