Home

Thought there was a draft selection glitch, but...

This is a discussion on Thought there was a draft selection glitch, but... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Thought there was a draft selection glitch, but...

So my friends and I just finished up our first full season of franchise with the Las Vegas Renegades. We started off really bad and ended up working our way back up to near .500. We finished with the 2nd worst record in the league lol. Carolina finished the worst and Florida the 3rd worst. Here's the breakdown:

Carolina - 30-42-0-10 70pts
Las Vegas - 32-42-0-8 72pts
Florida - 31-37-0-14 76pts

Now someone please explain to me why Florida picks 1st, Carolina 2nd, and Las Vegas 3rd???

I've thought about a possible reasoning to this but I don't understand. Last time I checked .....

EDIT: As per Wiki

[edit] Draft order

Draft order in the Entry Draft is determined by a combination of lottery, regular season standing, and playoff results. In all cases, the team considered is the original holder of the draft pick, not a team which may have acquired the pick via a trade or other means.

[edit] Draft lottery

At the conclusion of the regular season, the 14 NHL teams not qualifying for the playoffs are entered in a weighted lottery to determine the initial draft picks in each round, seeded according to regular season standing.[1] The 30th-place team has a 25% chance of winning the lottery, with odds diminishing to a 0.5% chance for the 17th-place team. A single selection from the lottery pool is made, with the winning team eligible to improve its draft order by up to four places, and no team eligible to drop more than one place. Only the 26th- through 30th-place teams, then, are eligible to receive the first draft pick.[2] Consequently, the 30th-place team's chance of retaining the first overall pick (as opposed to winning the lottery outright) improves to 48.2%.

Wow I did not know that!!! Guess I watch too much football!!! Nvm, but I thought I would still post this just in case people didn't know...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Thought there was a draft selection glitch, but...

yes but most people would know

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »