Home

A Few Questions

This is a discussion on A Few Questions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
A Few Questions

I just recently decided to give this game a honest try. The first time I played I got frustrated with the controls and just gave up, but after reading some of the other posts in this forum I would really like to learn how to handle them. So if you guys can answer a few questions for me it would be a real big help. I am using QB's sliders, playing as the Blackhawks, and playing on a PS3 if that helps.

The first one is simply if anyone can give me some advice about how to get the puck down on the goaltender. Every time I shoot it seems like the puck is sailing over the net. I know the Left stick is how you aim, but I am having some trouble shooting low while on the move.

Secondly, I am wondering if there is any tangible reason to keep two high rated goaltenders on the roster. I am thinking of trying to trade Bulin since his contract is up at the end of the year anyways, but I wanted to know if the game had some type of fatigue factor that made it worthwhile to keep them both and split the play time.

Third, I have noticed scoring is really low for both myself and the AI. Thru the six games I have played so far I have 5 goals and my opponents have 3, two of which came in the same game. I am seeing about 20-25 shots per game per team.

Forth, I was looking at the scouting section in my franchise and I noticed numbers next to the countries. I am just wondering if a higher number is better or worse. For instance for the Blackhawks Scandanavia has a 9 and Canada has a 5.

Thanks for any and all help, it really is very apreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 04:43 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 22
Re: A Few Questions

First of all, when aiming donīt pull the stick right to the edges, you have to aim a little less "hard" to pick corners. Also think about where to shot depending on where the goalies stickside is or gloveside.

Otherwise use screens alot to fool the goalie, screens do wonders in NHL09. Another thing is to get the goalie moving side to side, and passing to the middle is to recommend. Between the circles is a really good place to shoot from. And on rebounds try to keep pucks low.

Ah, thatīs just a few tips...hope some helps...
Old 05-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: A Few Questions

Thanks for the input. I have tried to set up screens and to get guys to the net but it seems like my team is frozen in place. Non of the players seem to move in the offensive zone. They just go to one place and stand still until I pass to them or select them. Is there some way to get them to move around more?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »