Home

NHL 09 on PC?

This is a discussion on NHL 09 on PC? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
NHL 09 on PC?

Hey everyone. I just bought a new "screaming" laptop. I travel a lot so I'm getting back into the "pc gaming" market. I love the EA NHL series and noticed I could download NHL 09 from the EA Website for $9.

Is it worth it? The last NHL PC game I own is NHL 08. Like I said, this is more for travel and I don't think EA will release NHL 11 on the PC. So what does everyone think? Worth the buy?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 09 on PC?

seems like getting NHL04 would be the way to go because of all the addons
Old 07-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 09 on PC?

Thanks. I have 2004 and did use the mods on my other machine. They are pretty nice, but the one thing that keeps me away from 2004 is the scripted gameplay. I set up a CPU vs CPU game between Chicago and Philly.

First game played out for about 5 mins then crashed. So I rebooted, and started the game again (reloaded NHL 2004, etc). For a minute I thought I was stuck in groundhog day because the exact same thing happened in the first 5 mins of gameplay that happened in the previous game. Same guy was checked, same player scored, players skated to the exact same spots again, etc..etc. It was like watching an instant replay over and over.

I've heard bad and good about NHL 09. I might go ahead and grab it though. There are updated rosters on NHL Depot. Just wanted to see if it was as bad as some have said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »