Home

Tuning Updates and Official News

This is a discussion on Tuning Updates and Official News within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 02:23 AM   #729
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22
Re: Tuning Updates and Official News

It isn't possible to give a date for the patch because it is in testing and if any problems are uncovered that means we have to make more changes and resubmit. There are also factors in the process that are outside of our control (e.g. if testing for NHL has to wait because other games are ahead of it in line internally or with Sony and Microsoft). As soon as I have a confirmed date I'll let you know but I think it is pretty safe to say it is still weeks away.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:47 AM   #730
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
It isn't possible to give a date for the patch because it is in testing and if any problems are uncovered that means we have to make more changes and resubmit. There are also factors in the process that are outside of our control (e.g. if testing for NHL has to wait because other games are ahead of it in line internally or with Sony and Microsoft). As soon as I have a confirmed date I'll let you know but I think it is pretty safe to say it is still weeks away.
As always...thanks for taking the time to keep us informed the best ya can Jason. It is appreciated.

Is there anyway you can give us a clue on what the patch is focused on?
Old 10-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #731
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Redshirt and Co., thanks for tuning the effectiveness of the Shot Accuracy slider.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #732
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
that is understandable..... just quick question about roster...i know im not the only one who is waiting for the update of the roster, any idea when they will release it?

btw, you're doing a great service for us here... =) many many thanks.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:00 AM   #733
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16

What i have noticed from the recent tuner:

-Most goals are scored top corners with wrist shot. Almost all goals i score that are non-breakaway are top shelf in the corners. Same goes for my opponets.

-Rarely any goals on stick deflections, seems like once there is a deflection the goalie reacts and saves it.

-Hardly any 5-hole goal's if any. Since that latest tuner i have had about one which came on a slapshot.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #734
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Redshirt and Co., thanks for tuning the effectiveness of the Shot Accuracy slider.
I second this DJ.

Maybe I'm just an oddball, but I'm enjoying the heck outta seeing many more shots now Hum/cpu, going wide and/or over the top. I have both Hum/cpu shot acc. sliders set at zero. And to me anyway...things just seem more realistic with that setting.

Very cool that adjustment was made to the acc. sliders, due to community feedback. And also good to know that the sliders can be adjusted to be very effective.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:25 AM   #735
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Hey guys! Wanted some feedback. I'm using SuperStar sliders. Was wondering what the consensus is on shot power and slap shot power. I'm noticing on the new tuner (1.04) that slap shots are especially deadly by the CPU.

I have had shot power at 4 and slap shot power at 3. I'm thinking of dropping the CPU's down to 3 and 2, respectively (1 click lower for each). I realize there are other factors involved (and I won't go into them here) but I didn't know if EA has a set slider value for those two that is deemed as "perfect" or "simulation" with regard to those two shot power values. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #736
Rookie

OVR: 6

Is when the "hooking" animation kicks in vs. the "slashing" animation something tunable with the tuners?

I have noticed that the stick lift button, can actually hook a guy, if you're very close and directly behind a guy. However, it's a pretty exact position you have to be in, else you get the "slash the hands" animation that's usually a slashing penalty--as it should be.

But it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the hook anytime you're behind a guy, and not on the side of the stick. The option to slow a guy down, to then get in position for a legit stick lift or poke, with the negative being a possible hooking penalty vs. just the slash to the hands for no benefit, and a possible slashing penalty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »