Home

BaGM MUST be improved...

This is a discussion on BaGM MUST be improved... within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: BaGM MUST be improved...

I never got why these franchise modes in games get so broken.

It's obvious some time was spent to get all the CBA rules correct, the juniors integration, etc. etc. But then you get bum stats and goofy standings and it just kills the reason to play the mode.

I'll be honest, if they just fixed what they have and stop adding more stuff I'd be happy.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

I can look past almost all of that (though the sim engine is certainly in need of work); for me, the number one issue is the inability to follow my players throughout their careers. No listing of teams a player played for, no full listing of career stats, no listing of awards, cups won, no Hall of Fame, etc. Just becomes very uninvolving when I can't care about the guys I've seen populate my universe for several years.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
I never got why these franchise modes in games get so broken.

It's obvious some time was spent to get all the CBA rules correct, the juniors integration, etc. etc. But then you get bum stats and goofy standings and it just kills the reason to play the mode.

I'll be honest, if they just fixed what they have and stop adding more stuff I'd be happy.
Until they take the time to recode CPU lines management it's going to be an issue. Honestly nothing against Andy Agonstini but I really wish they'd bring Dean Richards back on the project and put him in charge of the BAGM aspect. Since Dean was moved to other projects within EAsports after NHL08, BAGM/Dynasty mode has barely improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I can look past almost all of that (though the sim engine is certainly in need of work); for me, the number one issue is the inability to follow my players throughout their careers. No listing of teams a player played for, no full listing of career stats, no listing of awards, cups won, no Hall of Fame, etc. Just becomes very uninvolving when I can't care about the guys I've seen populate my universe for several years.
That's always bothered the hell out of me as well. It's been like that since 07, there's quite a few areas of the engine itself that really need some major overhauling.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #13
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree, I love Dynasty Mode (or BaGM) but I wish the presentation was better. I wish they did things like have an awards show, showing the players get the trophy or did a better job with the presentation as a whole, like maybe tracking streaks and such like in MLB The Show, or when you break a record. I bet if someone topped the 92 goal record set by Gretzky they probably wouldn't even mention it.

On a side note, I'm quite happy that at least they track player milestones for Goals, Assists, and Points.
GLES - USC

Old 05-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #14
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

OVR: 1

I dont know about the whole Crosby having bad seasons.... hes won more scoring titles in my experience with NHL 11, than anyone else. Although there have been a few odd winners, Simon Gagne being one of them. Ive had Crosby top 130 pts in a season once!! In the current season im playing now, havent simmed any games, tryin to complete the whole thing myself, and Crosby leads the league in goals, and points, with malkin leading the league in assists. and 11 pts behind Crosby, 2nd in scoring. Maybe coincidence, but its been a fantastic season on all ends so far for me, playing all 61 games thus far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »